Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
and that app market fix is crap too, it says to open app store then minmize or whatever, and go to app manger and clwar the cache however nothing comes up for app market? the app market works but some well know apps cannot even be found ie astro file manager? and some others...

Stop being so negative... it's a bit rude to shout the odds when you didn't follow instructions in the first place. If it's not working like you want it to work, then don't use it, but to say the instructions are crap... well they are not crap, I used them on my installation and the App market worked afterwards like the instructions said it would. People on this forum have taken the time to write down instructions. The least you can say is Thank You.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following User Says Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
ty sir, but the app markey fix doesnt work for me no matter how well i read the instructions. My only issue is flash 10.1 installs but will not show any flash content, youtube tells me to update flash.. Ive tried installing so many versions but no dice

Somewhere clearly you have not followed the right instructions. Why are go outside, take a deep breath - calm down, come back inside, remove NITDroid completely off your N900 and reboot, then start again. Follow the correct page of instructions [TUTORIAL GIGA UPDATE] Do you smell it, do you? It's Gingerbread!

On this same page is a choice to install NITDroid 0.0.9. There are very simple instructions. If you follow them correctly it will work.

Also on the 3rd page is a proven fix for the APP Market.

Failing that, once everything is installed, do a search on this forum for Flash 10.1 installation instructions.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Last edited by MyNokiaN900; 2011-02-26 at 10:00.

lol ty sir i have calmed down, nitdroid works fine i dont even need th app market fix now i have blackmarket. Now let me ask you one thing, do u have gingerbread? and tell me do u have flash 10.1 installed and can u succesuflly watch youtube vids in the browser? if so can u please tell me or link me to that version of flash that you are using?

Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
lol ty sir i have calmed down, nitdroid works fine i dont even need th app market fix now i have blackmarket. Now let me ask you one thing, do u have gingerbread? and tell me do u have flash 10.1 installed and can u succesuflly watch youtube vids in the browser? if so can u please tell me or link me to that version of flash that you are using?
Had Gingerbread yes, don't believe I tried Flash 10.1 or watched videos in the browser. The lack of 3G put me off the whole idea of leaving gingerbread on the device. However, I am willing to give it a bash and re-install it and attempt to get it working for the sanity of Lucas777 ..... that is of course there is documentation on Flash 10.1 working on Gingerbread. Which instructions have you been following?

Last edited by MyNokiaN900; 2011-02-26 at 10:14.

there is a thread around here if you google nitdroid flash 10.1 you will get a few results, most people seem to have it installed and working

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
Had Gingerbread yes, don't believe I tried Flash 10.1 or watched videos in the browser. The lack of 3G put me off the whole idea of leaving gingerbread on the device. However, I am willing to give it a bash and re-install it and attempt to get it working for the sanity of Lucas777 ..... that is of course there is documentation on Flash 10.1 working on Gingerbread. Which instructions have you been following?
What lack of 3G? I've got Gingerbread installed and 3G works. I can't find Flash in the market though, even though I've done the fix you linked.

retsaw can u get flash installed though?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60923

if you use that flash tell me if u can get it working and play videos in youtube fine, this is one that i was using but it didnt work it installs fine but thats all

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Right, after much faffing about trying and failing to download the rapidshare link with the Android browser, I've finally got round to trying it out and no it doesn't seem to work, I only tried it on the BBC iPlayer site, but it did give me an error about not having Flash installed. What may be of note is that I'm running Gingerbread (which is Android 2.3) and that download for flash says it is for Android 2.2, so maybe that is why it didn't work. I might wipe my install and try again with NITDroid 0.0.9 (Android 2.2) at some point, but my only real use for Android at the moment is reading eBooks loaned from my local library and what I've got serves me fine for that.