Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by tigert View Post
The icons are a bit blurry, probably because the toolbar icons are not exactly the correct size - I wonder if this could be fixed with some icon theme hacking, so gtk would not scale them to fit, but rather would pick a closest match..?

- t
These are all being switched to the default Maemo 5 icons (plus a few custom icons that I made). It should be much better in the next release (hehe, I'm assuming a lot, eh, Conny?).

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
These are all being switched to the default Maemo 5 icons (plus a few custom icons that I made). It should be much better in the next release (hehe, I'm assuming a lot, eh, Conny?).

Tim
Yes, and here it is You just topped my by a couple of minutes... The result with your icons is attached. I like it, but if you feel the need to do small cosmetic corrections, just let me know.

@tigert: Will reply to the rest of you post later.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Looks great! This is much better.

Hey, I have a side-note:

Jaffa and I were discussing the possibility for all of the text on a new note to be selected by default so that a user could just hit delete and start typing. I like the idea, but does it sound like it breaks usability in any way? (I don't think so, but other opinions are definitely welcome).

Tim

Does it have a way to select text yet with fingers? If not I really think there should be a toggle button on the toolbar (lower right) for panning/selection mode (akin to browser, and terminal). There should be standard icons available for it (looking like a pointer, and a striked-out pointer).

I've been loving Conboy a lot, been using it to take notes on meetings etc, and to do shopping lists sometimes etcetera..
Always nice to hear! Thanks

I was wondering if each note could be a "view" so it wouldnt jump to the task switcher when you close a note, but I guess that would limit us to having just one note open at a time, which is kinda contradictory to the "tree" idea of linked notes. The each-note-as-separate-window makes one jump to task switcher when closing a note which is a bit distracting, but it works pretty OK. I wonder if it would be possible to jump to a parent note if a closed one has a parent, and otherwise show task switcher?
I think I understand what happens and it sounds quite annoying to me. Well, I'm only having the SDK and there is no task switcher at all, so it's not surprising that there are problems with that

Anyways, having multiple windows was really more something that I had to do, because it was not easily possible to do differently with the 0.5.x code. The current development version is much more flexible with that.

So currently I'm thinking that it maybe would be nice to have a browser-like experience. That would be that there is only one window but with forward and backward buttons which can be used to jump through the history of viewed notes. That should solve the problem with the task switcher and I think it's easier to find your way back with two "back" clicks than to look through a stack of 20 open windows.

What do you think?

The icons are a bit blurry, probably because the toolbar icons are not exactly the correct size - I wonder if this could be fixed with some icon theme hacking, so gtk would not scale them to fit, but rather would pick a closest match..?
As you see, we now switched completely away from Gtk stock icons to icons from Tim and Nokia which are exactly 48x48 pixels. They look pretty sharp now. I still think I'll file a bug about the blurry stock icons, but I don't have high hopes. Gtk stock items have never been treated well by Maemo...

Thanks for you input

Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
Does it have a way to select text yet with fingers? If not I really think there should be a toggle button on the toolbar (lower right) for panning/selection mode (akin to browser, and terminal). There should be standard icons available for it (looking like a pointer, and a striked-out pointer).
Currently there is still now way to select text with fingers. I'm still waiting for updates on this bug, but I guess I'll better also have a look how osso-xterm is doing it. Thanks for the reminder

EDIT: Just installed osso-xterm in SDK, but it shows the icon as missing, so I guess it's not part of the SDK. Also couldn't find anything when browsing /usr/share/icons/

Last edited by conny; 2009-09-09 at 17:04.

The way it works in the browser is that you swipe the lower-left of the browser window and a pointer cursor appears. The user can then take this cursor and select text, etc. Watch this video, around 1:40.

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
The way it works in the browser is that you swipe the lower-left of the browser window and a pointer cursor appears. The user can then take this cursor and select text, etc. Watch this video, around 1:40.

Tim
It's possible to link to a timestamp in youtube videos; here you go. (Add #t=xx where xx is seconds in to the video)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Philadelphia
Conboy is perhaps the most useful app I've yet run on fremantle, and that's saying quite a lot. Thank you.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Thanks for Comboy! I just wanted to say that it's helping me organize the last miles of Fremantle. With comboy the quality of the devices will perhaps be just a tiny little better than if I had just used one huge notepad file (I don't believe in files that much).

The most important note that I'm keeping there now is the planned features to come to the first update release. Without conboy, I would forget all those nice ideas far too easily!

Tags
application, conboy, fremantle, fremantle star, maemo 5, note, text, tomboy