Active Topics

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Can anyone tell me what the command in xterm would be to get a compose new email screen to come up...like the menu entry on the contacts menu? Im wanting to put this in personal menu so i need to know the xterm command.

hello i am a first timer ,i am having trouble updating my nokia n810 to the new firmware os 2008 ,when i try to download from the nokia wizard,a massage tell me ajust your window clock...can sombody help please

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by noel62 View Post
...when i try to download from the nokia wizard,a massage tell me ajust your window clock...
The "Windows update wizard halts for wrong time?" thread might be a better place for this question. Additionally, that thread has some suggestions you might try out to see if they work around the problem.

EDIT: If the system clock on your Windows computer is correct, and you're still having trouble with this, it may be good for you to add to Bug # 3834. As of right now, Nokia thinks this problem has been fixed, but if it's still popping up, it'd be good for them to know.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2008-12-03 at 18:46. Reason: adding bug info and link

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
Can anyone tell me what the command in xterm would be to get a compose new email screen to come up...like the menu entry on the contacts menu? Im wanting to put this in personal menu so i need to know the xterm command.
back on topic, maybe try opening the new mail window, launching xterm and looking at the processes running. hunt around a bit for the pid and see if you can associate the process name with the command that has to be run.

also maybe look for the .desktop file for that app and maybe it will be in there.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Cant find the .desktop file, looked in modest.desktop and it wasnt in there. Didnt see anything else listed in usr/share/applications/hildon that looked like it either. How do i view the running processes in xterm?

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
something like this
Code:
ps -ef |grep modest
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
here, managed to get this

dbus-send --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.modest /com/nokia/modest com.nokia.modest.MailTo string:mailto:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Thanks! Worked perfectly!

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
here, managed to get this
Beat me to the punch... by about 20 years.

Last edited by dkwatts; 2008-12-04 at 02:05.