is this possible? i do have a nokia phone if that helps. i really hope it's possible, can't be bothered to type them out (and i don't have them stored on outlook or anything, just my nokia n73)

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
You'll have to export them into a vcard and then import that vcard ...
This subject has been discussed at length on this forum and the specific google search on the upper right is quite good ...

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Germany
You'll have to export them into a vcard and then import that vcard ...
But you have problems importing all fields from a Symbian phone, for example the birthday field.
I can't understand that a person can have many email addresses in contacts program, but a birthday isn't important to a person and a standard feature in a contacts program...

Originally Posted by slha89 View Post
But you have problems importing all fields from a Symbian phone, for example the birthday field.
You can certainly export the BDAY field in a vcard file, it's just that some of the contact managers on the N800 (like GPE Contacts) choke on it instead of importing or ignoring it. I wrote an Excel spreadsheet "cleaner" for vcard -> GPE Contacts that cuts out the BDAY field and adds it as text to the Comment field instead.

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by DJames1 View Post
export
Yes, you're right, of course you can export birthdays as a vcard if the app support birthday field. I wrote 'import' and I mean the default contact application.

GPE Contacts
is a joke.
You have all your contacts in GPE Contacts. And then?? You can't tap to the email address to start the mail app. You can't tap to the phone number to dial the phone number of your contact. GPE Contacts is useless now. You even can't mark the text and copy/paste into anything.
Yes, I could edit my contact in GPE Contacts and then copy/paste a mail address. But sorry, I'll do this never ever. This behaviour from GPE contacts is everything but not productive.

Last edited by slha89; 2008-03-21 at 18:34.