Notices

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
I have completely removed 0.6 and any previous traces of 0.7, and reinstalled. Carman cleanup was showing all packages as uninstalled.

Reinstalled, and everything installs cleanly, but I am getting a "no plugins" message. GPS, WLAN and ODB showing as connected. Does the same in simulator mode as well. All I can see are the statuses of the above "bits". Am I missing something really obvious?

I've ran it in debug mode from xterm with carmand vvvv, and again there are no error messages

Any Ideas? Thanks

Gaz

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
The same happens to me.

I have the exactly the same problem, but unfortunately , can't go back to the previous version

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Just to report that Carman 0.7 has now been announced on Planet Maemo, and an updated package 0.7-beta1-5 is now available in the repository.

Installing now.

And... Still the same - no plugins found message.

Does anyone know if there are any prerequisites required such as map services etc?

done some more work on this and managed to dig a bit deeper. basically I removed all carman related packages, and restarted. I then tried an install using apt-get, and configuration of the carmand package fails with the following error...

starting carmand message bus: invoke-rc.d: initscript carmand, action "start" failed

rebooting and then attempting a package configuration using dpkg --configure carmand still fails.

any ideas anybody??

Fully removed all carman related packages today, and after a reboot and tried reinstalling again from the command line, using apt-get, to watch for error messages.

configuration of carmand fails with the following error...

sarting carmand message bus: invoke-rc.d: initscript carmand, action "start" failed.

Does anybody have any ideas?

thanks

Gaz

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Manaus, Brazil
Hi all,

If you find problems using Carman, read the instructions posted by folhabranca here. Also, a new version of Carman (0.7~beta1-6) was released yesterday on extras-devel repository so you can check it out and see if the problem persists.

Ensured all carman packages were removed, and cleanup ran. Also removed the /home/user/.carman folder as advised by Eduardo on the carman garage bugs page.

Rebooted - reinstalled carman. no plugins still. Rebooted - no plugins

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Manaus, Brazil
Hi again,
Could you please verify if the following packages are installed:
carman carman-ui carman-location-wrapper carman-theme-tuning carmand-panel libgpsbt libgpsmgr liblocation0

Also, please check if the /usr/share/carman/plugins is populated with viewer/ and default/ directories.