Active Topics

So we got a special graphics card, but only 1 tiny demo 3D game on it. And maybe about 10 or so hardly working working other games (which you can hardly call games)..

Shouldn't Nokia be making a few 3D games itself untill other people start making apps. Because right now I'm extremely bored when I'm trying to play games on the N900. I mean coulnd't they have hired 1 person just to make games for a while? Its not as if they don't have the hardware to make them work.

Last edited by Tiptronic; 2010-01-04 at 18:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tiptronic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tiptronic View Post
So we got a special graphics card, but only 1 tiny demo 3D game on it. And maybe about 10 or so hardly working working other games (which you can hardly call games)..

Shouldn't Nokia be making a few 3D games itself untill other people start making apps. Because right now I'm extremely bored when I'm trying to play games on the N900. I mean coulnd't they have hired 1 person just to make games for a while? Its not as if they don't have the hardware to make them work.
1) the phone has been out a very short time and the store isnt even open yet
2) 1 person making games - hahahahahahaha......hahahahaha oh I'm sorry what were we talking about
3) Open Arena FTW.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ England

DOOM, Duke Nukem 3D, OpenArena / Quake III Arena

be patient. and anyhow, if you want games so bad, code some yourself

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Montpellier, France
And better, even if it's only 2D, ScummVM !
Just try a game like monkey island 1, 2 or 3, full throttle, day of the tentacle, beaneath a steel sky, discworld and many many others (all the point & click from lucas arts, from sierra etc...)

These games are far better than a lot of games I've seen this last decade

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Romania, Bucharest
@ oscillik: "if you want games so bad, code some yourself" ... Well, we also wanted an N900 so bad, but we couldn't build it by ourselves, could we?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onutz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
2) 1 person making games - hahahahahahaha......hahahahaha oh I'm sorry what were we talking about
That proves how much you understand about programming. So you really shouldn't be talking about stuff you don't understand.

You probably think it requires an army of programmers to make a game. Well, they probably made bounce revolution in 2-3 days.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
That proves how much you understand about programming. So you really shouldn't be talking about stuff you don't understand.

You probably think it requires an army of programmers to make a game. Well, they probably made bounce revolution in 2-3 days.
I'm working on a How to win friends and influence people app for non-developers to use so they can make their wishes known without coming across as whiny teens with no grasp of reality.

I also take offense to you calling UQM, bejewelled (well, gweled) and Doom (three games i personally maintain for Maemo 5) "hardly working working other games (which you can hardly call games).." These have been played and enjoyed by millions on other platforms. 3D engine alone does not a good game make.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-01-05 at 14:38.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
you guys are mean, the guy just wanted to express his feelings!

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland

You probably think it requires only 2 or 3 days to make a game like bounce revolution. Well, they probably had to get an idea, get to know the API, make some graphics and music, do some testing and so on. Probably more than 2 or 3 days. Perhaps the final code could be only 2 or 3 days, but for the whole project takes a lot longer.

But yeah, I agree, it would be nice to get some more games.

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
I'm working on a How to win friends and influence people app for non-developers to use so they can make their wishes known without coming across as whiny teens with no grasp of reality.

I also take offense to you calling UQM, bejewelled (well, gweled) and Doom (three games i personally maintain for Maemo 5) "hardly working working other games (which you can hardly call games).." These have been played and enjoyed by millions on other platforms. 3D engine alone does not a good game make.
They are not even available without risking to brick your phone. and bejeweld was not even made when I posted. This proves how "unrealistic" your arguments are.

And you should read what I write before you post. I'm not asking the community to 3d games, but NOKIA. I know it would take weeks or months for non pro's to make a game. BUT for pro's with access and funding it just doesn't.

And another note, I'm not even asking for a brand new game, for god sake, even "asphalt racer" is something.

Last edited by Tiptronic; 2010-01-05 at 14:44.