MFE error "can't connect" disappeared after applying pr1.1 update...

The Following User Says Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fettouhi View Post
I had my brother change setting on his Exchange server and low and behold now my N9 can connect to his 2010 Microsoft Exchange server. But he doesn't want the server to run with this option so this needs to get fixed on the N9.
Can you specify the change that he made on the server?

Now there is some strange problem with MfE/tracker-store interaction.

MfE fetches "something" from google that tracker-store does not like.
It starts mid-sync, consumes all available cpu and drains battery in a couple of hours. Sync never finishes.

If I kill tracker-store process sync works until next sync and next attempt to index something ugly there.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Hi all,

looks like PR1.1 is finally here, I hope at least few mentioned here bugs should be fixed now Sorry that I'm not answering any questions (almost), it's an extremely busy time for us (making some features etc.). Plus, I'm a bit ill.

Originally Posted by otto View Post
MFE error "can't connect" disappeared after applying pr1.1 update...
Great! Than it was a known bug

Originally Posted by TTFJE View Post
Can you specify the change that he made on the server?
I believe there is no need in a workaround for this issue after PR1.1 update.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
..i think it is time to admit that Google is, technicaly speaking, not exactly "microsoft exchange" even if we use exchange API, move calendar/contact sync to "google" account from MfE and apply implementation-specific workarounds.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Finland
I have been using PR1.1 for one day now: no MfE sync problems anymore. Great. N9 works now as expected - meaning great.

The Following User Says Thank You to ranto For This Useful Post:
Once I tried to send a large attachment and the email stuck in my outbox. Finally I found out that my attachment is too large and the email client doesn't inform anything about it.

I think the email client lack some progress indicator for sending email (especially when sending large email).

Other than that, quite a nice experience!

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by oprocopio View Post
Solved!

If you have a folder named: something like "sent" (Sent, sent-items, zz_Sent) then it doesn't function.

Maybe the application tries to save the mail in this folder but something goes wrong.

I have read somewhere that the mail application use "burl" and this function isn't implemented in a lot of imap servers.

So I deleted my mail account on the device (you HAVE to delete the account)...renamed "Sent" to "Zent"...re-created the account on the device...now I can send mails.

That's really strange!
No that is un-believable!
Seems any folder with sent in it causes it to go mad!
A HUGE thanks for that!

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Are you sure that server does not require it [Non-provisionable device unchecked]? There shouldn't be any problems with this setting. Did you checked the activesync logs? What kind of error do you have?
It took me a bit of time to come back to this issue because I stopped using N9's MfE client for syncing email - it was being just way too troublesome.

But I got my own N9 (was testing with wife's before) and now there is a new firmware, and I decided to test again. And I can categorically confirm (a) that it won't sync at all with the server - permanently seems to 'hang' with endless sync that syncs nothing, and no sync activity on server - and that it immediately works if I UNCHECK 'Non-provisionable device' - without rebooting the device or doing anything else. I can also categorically confirm that the server DOES NOT require provisioning - I know this because I use my N900 to sync email with the very same server, and the very same account, and the N900 of course does not support provisioning. Also, the server is nuevasync.com, and they explicitly say that provisioning is not required.

So I will repeat: on at least TWO 64GB N9s that I have tried, NEITHER will sync AT ALL when the device is set to non-provisioning with the service I use. And this has NOT been addressed with the latest firmware.

If you would like me to check logs, I am happy to do that, but I do not know where they are. And please note that David Boreman at Nuevasync.com knows about this issue and I am in active communication with him trying to troubleshoot the N9's syncing on their servers.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Finland
After PR1.1 my gmail (the Google account) stopped syncing. I have tried to disable the account and start using it again. Didn't help. Any ideas what to try next?

My IMAP account does not sync either. It also behaves in a bit strange way since it thinks the default folder is the "sent messages" (or whatever it is in English). Of course I can "star" my Inbox, but it's not the same thing.

I have also tried MfE for Gmail. It seems to work like a charm. Especially syncing works contrary to gmail and IMAP. However, I do not understand why there is no possibility to sync messages older than two weeks. Personally, I use Inbox also as a some kind of a to-do list. The messages that require some kind of action from my side I leave in the Inbox. Therefore some of the messages I have there might be quite old. And because of this reason I would like to see all my messages in the Inbox.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950