How many of you guys know how much you can really do on prepaid free T-Zones with the n900 and don't want to post it because you are worried that T-Mobile will get wind of it and plug the holes?

I'm talking serious data usage stuff.....

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Atlanta, GA
all i know is that without changing any settings, i'm able to synchronize mail and calendar with the exchange server at work. to me that suggests that more is possible. i welcome PMs from anyone who wants to share that kind of information with me.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by overfloat View Post
How many of you guys know how much you can really do on prepaid free T-Zones with the n900 and don't want to post it because you are worried that T-Mobile will get wind of it and plug the holes?

I find it usually slow, but I'm using Tor for the proxy function and it's slow.

Originally Posted by brbrbrad View Post
all i know is that without changing any settings, i'm able to synchronize mail and calendar with the exchange server at work. to me that suggests that more is possible. i welcome PMs from anyone who wants to share that kind of information with me.
Nice try T-Mobile representative....

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa

Hey, good to hear from you.

Depends on what do you want to do if you are online. I consider 3 levels of online.

1) only use TZone - very very limited. only allow checking sport scores, yes, sport scores only, no sports!

2) easy modify with Tor - no limitation on internet browsing, almost. It is NOT eye blinking fast, but it is usable. It does take time to connect to Tor though, sometimes is 30 seconds, sometime is several minutes. It is too slow for skype for a meaningful conversation, it does function as a beeper to beep your party.

3) full modification using your own proxy server. All described here, 3G speed, presumably skype is not a problem.

Go for it.
bun

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Atlanta, GA
Nice try T-Mobile representative....
:-p You're the one who started a thread about it.

The Following User Says Thank You to brbrbrad For This Useful Post:
Alright - I'm just going to throw this out there regarding what I have found -
Free T-Zones on prepaid (no sidekick plan stuff):
= Unlimited free skype messaging (you can even call, but there is a delay)
= Can sign in to Google voice - haven't really tried doing anything
= Access to Yahoo! mobile - yahoo mail, movie times, etc
= Access to mobile news sites - BBC (no one tells you about this one), CNN, EPSN....

I'm sure there is more...

This is all for free - no daily charge or anything - buy your $10 prepaid card (which comes with $3 of credit) and you can do these things all you like.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Alright - I'm just going to throw this out there regarding what I have found -
Free T-Zones on prepaid (no sidekick plan stuff):
= Unlimited free skype messaging (you can even call, but there is a delay)
= Can sign in to Google voice - haven't really tried doing anything
= Access to Yahoo! mobile - yahoo mail, movie times, etc
= Access to mobile news sites - BBC (no one tells you about this one), CNN, EPSN....

I'm sure there is more...

This is all for free - no daily charge or anything - buy your $10 prepaid card (which comes with $3 of credit) and you can do these things all you like.
Oh, I forget to remind you, search dose not work as you think. No google. No bingo. No baidu (Chinese Google, just for fun) YUP, you go with what the website takes you and the limited search capability within the boundary. Seriously I doubt anybody would take that, even a very very mild light internet surfer. Proof me wrong,

bun

So how do I get on the T-Zones and stuff?

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I think there is confusion between the IAP and the service and web portal.