Active Topics

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
So today i stopped using facebook pecause everyone was stalking me and i spent WAY too much time on facebook since i got my N900, so now i think im going to hang around maemo talk more

PS. facebook is like a drug, it ruins your life and it is really hard to stop using it :P
anyone who is thinking of doing the same, write your thoughts of it here. I also encourage people to do the same.

Last edited by KetkuFIN; 2011-02-09 at 19:55.

you will come back there. you know.

Good for you i guess.

I don't have facebook but i see jersey shore, so....(just for the record: i wouldn`t do snooki).

Grettings.

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
i hope you have erased all your images, videos, emptied friends list, as well as full account activity history before you have requested for deletion.

also, if you tried logging not past 2 weeks, the account will not be completely gone in their servers.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
i guess my friends & family are boring, i only check facebook once a week and can read everything since last time i checked it...

I say everybody should quit facebook...it's a demoralizing and brainwashing tool that with time just turns you into a mindless robot. I once had a facebook, that I thought I closed my account, haven't used it in about 2 years, and one day i decided to enter my login credentials out of curiosity, and without asking me anything at all, it automatically reactivated my account, all my friends were still there, my wall was still as it was, i realized everything was kept... Until this day, I still don't know how to fully delete an account (which is something that normally should be very easy on any website),

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
i have quit fb over a year now and i don't really feel the difference. not going to techblogs every 2hours though is very hard for me to do. LOL

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by KetkuFIN View Post
So today i stopped using facebook pecause everyone was stalking me and i spent WAY too much time on facebook since i got my N900, so now i think im going to hang around maemo talk more

PS. facebook is like a drug, it ruins your life and it is really hard to stop using it :P
anyone who is thinking of doing the same, write your thoughts of it here. I also encourage people to do the same.
Quit Facebook games - EXCELLENT, Good for you!!!
Quit Facebook totally - well, there could be benefits, good uses for FB

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
there is a way to delete an account, it is just hidden google it. I also believe that facebook is something you must either quit or be very cautious about what you post there. Even then though there is always the chance that your "friends" will post something you don't want to get public.
________
Head shop

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:46.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
only good thing about facebook is that you stay connected. but do i really want to know if someone of my friends, who i havent seen in about 11 years, is having a birthday party for his/hers cat also, there are other ways to stay connected, my N900 is a phone afterall and here in finland it is easy and cheap to get mobile broadband connection for your phone so even skype works well

Tags
quitted english