Just tried to upgrade my 770 with the official tool. No way to establish a connection and leave the tool upgrade the brick (with or without proxy config or direct connection). Following the Nokia instruction I've downloaded the 2006 image at Maemo and flashed it.

A question: is the image available on Maemo repository the last one as claimed on the Nokia site?
The Maemo image is reported as a 2.0 "beta" release!

What is wrong? I just filled my 770 brick with a unofficial/beta test release?

Thank you

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Innsbruck
Just upgraded official firmware available at http://europe.nokia.com, restored the data from memory card and finally installed bluetooth keyboard plugin and GPE PIM suite. Nokia keyboard works well with Notes, Web, and E-mail applications. In contrast to former upgrades, all data including contacts and calendar from GPE PIM suite were successfully restored (!!!).
To find right settings for VOIP application is tricky, but even a call to landline using gtalk2voip.com finally worked great.

I would like to thank ITT forum members for useful tips and references, making it easier for users to get 2006OS applications work!

why i can not download it ?

Originally Posted by c1261015
... finally installed bluetooth keyboard plugin ...
Is this the plugin to make the 770 into a BT keyboard, or the plugin that allows you to use a BT keyboard with the 770?

If it's the latter (2nd one), where did you find an 06 version?

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Innsbruck
Originally Posted by spycedtx
Is this the plugin to make the 770 into a BT keyboard, or the plugin that allows you to use a BT keyboard with the 770?

If it's the latter (2nd one), where did you find an 06 version?
There is a thread with link and other details in forum->upgrading->BT plugin compatible with OS2006??

P.S: this message was written using nokia bluetooth keyboard and 2006OS