Notices

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sweden
That sound strange. The app should be available, and according to the store reports, there have been downloads during the last week.
Do you still have the problem?

By the way, I'm about to finalize a new version of Squeezster. The N9 version will hopefully be uploaded to the store in the next days. The Symbian update will follow a bit later.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pakarlss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by pakarlss View Post
That sound strange. The app should be available, and according to the store reports, there have been downloads during the last week.

By the way, I'm about to finalize a new version of Squeezster. The N9 version will hopefully be uploaded to the store in the next days. The Symbian update will follow a bit later.
Great... Any tweaks\features to share? Need a tester?

Is there any possibility of getting Squeezster on the E6? It would be great if the same release worked on the E6, but I would happily buy it again if there were a different release for it.

Has landscape orientation been considered?

Patiently waiting for the update for symbian! :-)
I like the squeezster app a lot, and would love it even more if it included some extra features such as sync for players..

Do you have an idea when it will be released?

Greetings,
Robbe

Sorry for late replies! Unfortunately I haven't been able to work on Squeezster for some time (been travelling, moving to a new home etc.). Hopefully I'll have some more time from now on.

Short status summary:
The new N9 version seem to be stable, will be sent to the Nokia store.
At a quick glance, there are no revolutionary stuff, but under the hood there are big changes. Squeezster now uses the new Squeezebox communication API (called onebrowser). This enables Squeezster to use the same server based navigation as the Squeezebox devices do. Meaning that e.g. if a server side app or plugin adds stuff to a content menu, it will be visible in Squeezster without any SW update.
There are other good side effects, e.g. the Favorites and Nowplaying lists will be presented with icons.

- The same update has been applied to the Symbian version, but this version hasn't reached full maturity yet.

@jared:
I haven't looked in to the E6 platform. What happens if you install the existing version on it, or is this impossible?

The Following User Says Thank You to pakarlss For This Useful Post:
Squeezster cannot be found in the Nokia Store on the E6 so I have not been able to try it. If you are using Qt Creator then you might be able to try the simulator just to see what would happen with the layout. As far as I know the E6 layout is always landscape (640x480).

Sorry for late replies! Unfortunately I haven't been able to work on Squeezster for some time (been travelling, moving to a new home etc.). Hopefully I'll have some more time from now on.

Short status summary:
The new N9 version seem to be stable, will be sent to the Nokia store.
At a quick glance, there are no revolutionary stuff, but under the hood there are big changes. Squeezster now uses the new Squeezebox communication API (called onebrowser). This enables Squeezster to use the same server based navigation as the Squeezebox devices do. Meaning that e.g. if a server side app or plugin adds stuff to a content menu, it will be visible in Squeezster without any SW update.
There are other good side effects, e.g. the Favorites and Nowplaying lists will be presented with icons.

- The same update has been applied to the Symbian version, but this version hasn't reached full maturity yet.

@jared:
I haven't looked in to the E6 platform. What happens if you install the existing version on it, or is this impossible?
Hi pakarlss! :-)

Any news yet? Do you need testers to try out the symbian version? There is an issue in symbian version 1.0.0, that if you lower the volume on one player to - let's say - 60, and then you switch to another player and change the volume there (up or down), the volume on that player will also be set as 60. Can you chance this in the new version?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,
Robbe

This app still has some issues on the N9. Sometimes it won't even start, and it happens that it locks my phone. Often it does not react on my touch. Is there an update coming up with a fix?

Originally Posted by oscarhen View Post
This app still has some issues on the N9. Sometimes it won't even start, and it happens that it locks my phone. Often it does not react on my touch. Is there an update coming up with a fix?
You could try to reset your settings by deleting this file in your home directory:
".config/pakarlss/Squeezster.conf"

Then reset the server, start Squeezster and configure the server again.

If that doesn't helps, I would need more information. Server version, size of the music library, and any particular sequence that leads to the lock.

Originally Posted by RobbeD View Post
Hi pakarlss! :-)

Any news yet? Do you need testers to try out the symbian version? There is an issue in symbian version 1.0.0, that if you lower the volume on one player to - let's say - 60, and then you switch to another player and change the volume there (up or down), the volume on that player will also be set as 60. Can you chance this in the new version?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,
Robbe
The Symbian version is progressing slowly.
I'm aware of the player volume issue. If you quickly change the volume after a player switch, Squeezster hasn't received the status of the new player, and thus still has the volume of the old player in its internal player representation. The volume adjustment will be based on the old player volume, but the volume command is sent to the new player.
To avoid this issue, you need to wait for some time after a player switch before adjusting volume.
This hasn't yet been corrected, but I'll put it on the todo list.