Notices

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by megaexer View Post
No problem with the inactive alarms.

It just needs minor tweaks such as centering of main icons instead of stretching them to 164x164 px. Currently the icons look pixelated with Awoken icon pack which uses icons 128x128 px in size.
Nice looking icons btw...
Any idea why they used 128x128??? It is supposed to be 164x164 and it is only for the clock that they have used a different resolution. The stretching is default behavior in this Qt version, don't know how to change that easily.

But perhaps we can make a deal
I upscaled the clock icons to 164x164 myself and they look absolutely sharp that way. If you are interested I can give them to you and tell you where to put them. They do not interfere with the same icons the stock clock uses if that is a concern.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
right..i updated to latest version..didt see any changes about waht i mentioned..the clock os way off center as even you can all see in the first pot screenshots, much more to the right than to the left...as for the seconds only showing in portrait, i did the reading you asked, still dont get it, no product would go to the market like this, its preferable not to have the seconds anywhere, and have a consistent software..imo.
Sorry to hear you still don't get it ...

100 people means 100 opinions. Can't satisfy them all.

Options:
- just stick to the default clock
- download the sources and change it to the market worthy product you envision

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
i will not do that as i cant code or program..just statement my opinion..i am of course greatfull for the app and trying to contribute..but u can bring as many people you want..the clock is not in the center of my display..or yours judging by the portrait screenshot.i didnt undestand if this assimetry is by some technical difficulty but if you cant see it or admit it even..maybe is your vision that needs an optometry appointment...anyway tks

Last edited by ed_boner; 2012-01-27 at 04:31.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
I like the keeping the one-timers. Often, i can reuse them by simply ticking the box, i dont' have to change times always. F.e., i often have re-occuring wakeup times (to catch flights) outside of my regular weekday schedule that are not necessarily re-occuring at fixed intervals (let's say twice a month), but don't change their data; just the activation day.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
@ade
I get Your point, yet, I have to agree with don_falcone here. Re-ticking one time alarms (when You need them more than once, bu You're not sure on which days of the week) is very convenient.

To be 100% honest, on the other hand, it was also "additional thing to do" with deleting unneeded alarm. I think that - personally - I experienced profits of inactive alarms being saved more, than cons of it.

Yet, it's so easy to create new alarm, that I can live with both options, just need getting used to them. If forced to definitely state my opinion, I would "vote" for preserving original clock behavior here.

/Estel

// Edit

@ed_boner
Sorry to say that, but I haven't seen such bullsh|t comment in ages. "get into market", eh... Haven't You used wrong tab to write that? Maybe it was meant for lumnia forum?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
@ade
I get Your point, yet, I have to agree with don_falcone here. Re-ticking one time alarms (when You need them more than once, bu You're not sure on which days of the week) is very convenient.

To be 100% honest, on the other hand, it was also "additional thing to do" with deleting unneeded alarm. I think that - personally - I experienced profits of inactive alarms being saved more, than cons of it.

Yet, it's so easy to create new alarm, that I can live with both options, just need getting used to them. If forced to definitely state my opinion, I would "vote" for preserving original clock behavior here.

/Estel

// Edit

@ed_boner
Sorry to say that, but I haven't seen such bullsh|t comment in ages. "get into market", eh... Haven't You used wrong tab to write that? Maybe it was meant for lumnia forum?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

i dont see such bullsh.. arrogant attitude myself for ages..

i was always polite and suportive to your app..i have it on my phone..but it has more pixels in the left than in the right and that is just a fact..you could write a sentence saying you were gonna look into it..or one sentence explaining why is it so..you prefere several sentences of insulting bullsh.. ignoring that i am just trying to contribute to your goal of having an app worth of cssu..that attitude is just crap.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@ade, I agree with estel and don_falcone that you should keep the behaviour as close as possible to stock. If you wish there could be an option for deleting one-time alarms, but it should be off by default. Just imagine what will happen on CSSU threads if replacement clock makes it in CSSU and the current behaviour is kept. AIUI it will be considered a critical bug (data loss ) .

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post
The stretching is default behavior in this Qt version, don't know how to change that easily.
It's ok to me if you won't change that, I upscaled the icons too. I guess the maemo package author relied on the icon centering.

Tags
clock-ui, replacement, worldclock