Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
It's working! I was just not used to the difference between it and Dial Central. Thanx!

How can I disable it when not using it so that it won't chew ip the batt? Just go offline?
Go offline or go to the configure screen for it and set "disable". Eventually it'll be better

What was it you were doing wrong? I'd like to try and add documentation to help prevent people from getting confused in the future.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seattle, WA
Is there currently a way to turn off polling all together? I just want this to make outgoing calls easy, I don't really care about getting updated.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by epage View Post
Go offline or go to the configure screen for it and set "disable". Eventually it'll be better

What was it you were doing wrong? I'd like to try and add documentation to help prevent people from getting confused in the future.
I was dialing the number and when the call ended, I didn't wait for the callback from GV. Just wasn't used to how that worked. Makes sense now though.

Originally Posted by natmaster View Post
Is there currently a way to turn off polling all together? I just want this to make outgoing calls easy, I don't really care about getting updated.
As the original post states, in the "Planned Features" there will be support for configurable polling times including the option to disable polling.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
is this available? i can't seem to find it on devel.

Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
Name was changed to Google Voice Plugin

Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
Please remember to specify your Operating System or Device model.

It is present in both Maemo 4.1 extras-devel and Maemo 5 extras-devel and I've got it installed on my n810 and my n900

Name was changed to Google Voice Plugin
That is a very good point that for Maemo platforms I am not showing the Connection Manager name but actually a description. This is to be consistent with the other Connection Manangers

@epage

Are you planning for full integration into the contacts app on the N900 like Skype is?

@epage

Are you planning for full integration into the contacts app on the N900 like Skype is?
In general, please look in "Known Issues" and "Planned Features" when asking questions

Originally Posted by epage View Post
See "Maemo 5" -> "Known Issues" -> "Support for System Contacts" on the first post.

I thought I did what is needed to support this but something is lacking and I will need to do further work on it. I did not feel like it was something to hold up a beta though.

Tags
google voice, maemo 4, maemo 5