Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
I'm trying to build the gtk "hello world" application and I'm running into a problem with gtk-2.0. Specifically, I see:

[...]
checking for gtk+-2.0 >= 2.2 glib-2.0 >= 2.2... Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found"

But it appears that I've got gtk2.0 installed already, as well as the development package. And I certainly didn't install it in a non-default location.

This used to work before I reloaded this box, so I know I'm just missing some package (since I don't use X or a monitor, I didn't install a GUI)

Does anybody have any clues to help me track this problem down?

Thanks,

Brad.

"

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
Ok, I can be a bit slow but the scratchbox documentation needs to be updated - the list of packages to install is incomplete (the cuptransp package is missing and I swear that "apt-get" was missing from the recent devkits) and I don't understand why I had to do:

fakeroot apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev

From within scratchbox. Another 160MB installed.

Nothing mentioned in the documentation, but this makes my gtk+2.0 code compile...So, I'm happy.

Sorry to interrupt. Nothing to see here. These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Brad.