Notices

Originally Posted by swing View Post
Have you installed the new RTComm beta? This seems to cause problems like this.
Nope. Haven't flashed the latest. Been too busy actually using the n800 to chance toasting it while on the road. It's been my best friend for a few months!

OK..This is a new one for you guys - I bought an iBlue 737 from Semsons and have been using it in India during my recent trips from Bangalore to Madras and it has been absolutely invaluable.

My wife and I were looking for places to stay and we managed to get around the city and view 20+ properities in 2 days which is unheard off. The best part is - one can never be lost!!!

If I didnt have my nokia 770 and more importantly Maemo Mapper+iBlue = I'd be screwed.

I cant begin to convey how helpful Maemo Mapper and my bluetooth GPS has been using Google Maps.

My only suggestion is that - it would be BRILLIANT if maemo mapper could be configured to act like other GPS software and show roads in the actual orientation as one approaches i.e. you appear to be going up a road when you are (with a massive arrow showing direction and the map chainging orientation according to direction - at the moment I have to rotate the whole unit)

But - GNUITE - all in all - absolutely great....invaluable...I am SO happy I bought a bluetooth GPS to along with the 770 and MM.

I'm looking forward (read: salivating) to v2.0

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Originally Posted by Nik1 View Post
Anyone else experiencing some problems with maemo mapper closing when you go to save route or when you are not within range of a network connection?
Nik1, I didn't see where anyone else had responded, but I am having the exact same problem, as well as not being able to save a track (I'd like to start supplying data to the openstreetmap project.

Also, I never seem to be able to get to www.gnuite.com, when attempting to set up a route to an address. Is anyone else having this problem, and what is the workaround?

Thanks
Mitch

Is there a way to send a route from Google Maps to Maemo Mapper?

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Wales UK
Tu13es
Watch this
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=5148
thread for next couple of days. Version 9.0 will have this functionality.

Rick

Originally Posted by Tu13es View Post
Is there a way to send a route from Google Maps to Maemo Mapper?
Search the forum for GMapToGPX

Hmm i tried GMapToGPX, but MaemoMapper always says "Error parsing GPX file!"

Originally Posted by zeez View Post
Hmm i tried GMapToGPX, but MaemoMapper always says "Error parsing GPX file!"
When the GMapToGPX window comes up, make sure to click "Track" and "Full"

is there any way we can make that GPS dot in my screen little smaller? and also the route line little thinner?

And is there any way i can replace the dot with a small arrow which showing the direction which i am moving towards? It will be useful when i am walking or riding my bicycle?

Originally Posted by Green_Star View Post
is there any way we can make that GPS dot in my screen little smaller? and also the route line little thinner?
It's an option called "Draw Width" (or "Line Width"?) in the Settings dialog. It affects both the circles and the lines.

Originally Posted by Green_Star View Post
And is there any way i can replace the dot with a small arrow which showing the direction which i am moving towards? It will be useful when i am walking or riding my bicycle?
Not at the moment. The velocity vector is currently the only indicator of heading.