Notices

I deleted my preinstalled map application by mistake and when i reinstalled it all i get when i open is a box that says - cannot find memory card, no memory card. Can anyone help me?

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I don't see how these two have anything to do with each other. Have you tried taking out and reseating the SD card?

Did you have a lot to lose that you hadn't backed up? -- if not, maybe you should just flash the system.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

i'm kinda of a nooby, how do you flash the system?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
When you say you deleted map, did you mean from the application manager? I have the feeling you might have just deleted the map folder off of your memory card and if that's the case, you should be able to just recreate the folder... but it shouldn't stop map from working from what I remember. Hmm.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
When you say you deleted map, did you mean from the application manager? I have the feeling you might have just deleted the map folder off of your memory card and if that's the case, you should be able to just recreate the folder... but it shouldn't stop map from working from what I remember. Hmm.
i deleted map with application manager. But i saved the Folders- "Mapdata" and "map" that contain the actual maps themselves.

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
nokia internet tablet software update wizard
thanks... so that's what flashing means.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by engineerboy728 View Post
I deleted my preinstalled map application by mistake and when i reinstalled it all i get when i open is a box that says - cannot find memory card, no memory card. Can anyone help me?
Some number of 810's have corrupted internal memory cards that manifest over time. One of the indicators is periodically not being able to find the memory card. You need to use file manager to re-format the internal memory card to eliminate this problem.

Best Regards, FN

The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverNewb For This Useful Post:
I'm not trying to bust your chops, but next time please put a descriptive subject.

It's not just for you today, but for any future searchers, and especially anyone who has a particular insight that may relate to your trouble.

Joe.

Last edited by Justjoe; 2009-08-10 at 21:12.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justjoe For This Useful Post:
So the Map program is having trouble finding the map data?

BTW, you can download maps from Wayfinder using this link:
http://www.navicoretech.com/Consumer...B/wfnavigator/

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:

Tags
map, reinstall