Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Tampa, FL
I have had the n900 for several days now. I know Nokia tech support is worthless when it comes to this phone. All they want is for me to send it to them without asking me any questions.

Currently everything is working ok but phone calls. While talking on the phone, the sound of the person on the other end keeps fading in and out during the call. I am constantly asking people to repeat themselves. This happens on normal, Speaker, and bluetooth. Three different sim card. Changed mode to gsm only and 3g only, but still I cant use the phone as a phone.

Update 01/06/2010
I fixed the problem by reinstalling the firmware through the Nokia Updater Software. Thought it wasn't going to work since I'm running Win7x64 but managed to get the Updater to load.

Voice Quality is Excellent!

Last edited by CharlieH; 2010-01-08 at 04:43.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
That's not a general issue. Quite on the contrary, I find the voice quality remarkably good on the N900, both with GSM/3G and VoIP.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Tampa, FL
I agree it was very good but I was asking if anyone else experienced this issue. If not I'll send it back and order a new one.

Nope, no voice fading in and out issue on my N900. Sadly you may have gotten a lemon.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

My N900 suffers from the same problem. I bought mine from Amazon. Should I send it back? Otherwise, I love it.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lincs, UK
Im actually surprised with the good quality

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
I bought mine from Amazon. No problems at all. Very good voice quality.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cincinnati, OH
voice quality far surpasses my n95...you may have gotten a bad one.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Excellent voice quality for me, GSM or VOIP. I was very pleasantly surprised - though I know I shouldn't have been.

I've had no trouble with the speakerphone either.

No "quality" issues with sound/calls, just an overall "lower volume" than I'd like on both ear and speaker...this coming from a VoIP engineer.

Are you having the problems when calling land lines as well as other cell phones?