Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by wazd View Post
I just have to put my 5 cents (also, hello there!). Not that anyone needs any defense here, but TBH you're trying to shift the reality here quite a lot. Just look at Dirk's or mine twitter feed or KS feed during the campaign - we were reporting on everything considered TOHKBD, the goods and the bads. Yes, it was not perfect (we would have done better with our current state of knowledge on how things work) but it was absolutely the best we could do at that point in time and we've worked our asses for it, you can be sure (Dirk especially). We've basically used none of the KS funds on R&D and prefered to ship rather than to tweak key presses to perfection remotely. We can't thank enough our friends and partners in China, Jolla, Shapeways and Lastu for their insights and help.
All things considered - you can call Dirk whatever you want, jerk, envious prick, I have a feeling he doesn't quite care, all he cares about (and me too for that matter) is crowdfunding community and spirit being raped sideways by unreliable or just dumb "enterpreneurs" with "their own way". Cheers.

P.S.: Also: "He didn't even need to do that." - sure, in a reality of conscienceless garbage.
F(x) is NOT a crowdfunding. Have you ever got some inside news about the big companies how they progress with the development of something?.... I have no idea how you can compare a 'garage project' to a 'real project'

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
F(x) is NOT a crowdfunding. Have you ever got some inside news about the big companies how they progress with the development of something?.... I have no idea how you can compare a 'garage project' to a 'real project'
It's not real yet. we have no phone.

I had google Real Project. But I came up short

Scamlets Jolla Oy in Area 5... at MWC. Can anyone confirm if this real project won't end up as a hang arounds over there? and if so, will FX be available for visitors and reporters?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2019-01-31 at 19:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
It's not real yet. we have no phone.

I had google Real Project. But I came up short

Scamlets Jolla Oy in Area 5... at MWC. Can anyone confirm if this real project won't end up as a hang arounds over there? and if so, will FX be available for visitors and reporters?

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Just because Chen says it's real doesn't mean it actually is. Yes, I actually work for the company (not THE BIG ONE but still) that pushes actual Sailfish OS devices on the russian market (not B2C though *cough* yet *cough*). And yes, I know quite a lot about the development and software adaptation. Even something as fairly straightforward as customizing an android OEM phone with Sailfish OS and making sure everything is reliable and operating in a particular cases is quite a challenge for or a 100+ team of professionals. So yeah, haha.
What you're doing right here is promoting a project with almost no confirmable information about it from a guy who has failed in managing TWICE (you can blame whatever forces around these projects you want, but that's still a management failure) as a real project. It is not, it is vaporware (yet). Deal with it.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:
Just because Chen says it's real doesn't mean it actually is. Yes, I actually work for the company (not THE BIG ONE but still) that pushes actual Sailfish OS devices on the russian market (not B2C though *cough* yet *cough*). And yes, I know quite a lot about the development and software adaptation. Even something as fairly straightforward as customizing an android OEM phone with Sailfish OS and making sure everything is reliable and operating in a particular cases is quite a challenge for or a 100+ team of professionals. So yeah, haha.
What you're doing right here is promoting a project with almost no confirmable information about it from a guy who has failed in managing TWICE (you can blame whatever forces around these projects you want, but that's still a management failure) as a real project. It is not, it is vaporware (yet). Deal with it.
So, why don't you share information about the phones where you work on??? I don't believe anything in that. There is no such thing.
Oh and also, Samsung S10 is also vaporware since it's not out nor confirmed. A new iPhone is also vaporware.
So that means everything is vaporware. Even the phones you are working on it. Grow up

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Is everybody crazy or what??? You guys seem like histerical children whining about something they want but don't have. Did Chen, or anyone else, asked for money to build something? Did Chen forced anyone to do a donation? He and his team are making a great efort and are trying to deliver something we all are expecting a long time ago. If it was me, and acording to all negative coments here, i would have given up already and stoped this project.

PS: just one more thing... the device runs and it looks amazing

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Is everybody crazy or what??? You guys seem like histerical children whining about something they want but don't have. Did Chen, or anyone else, asked for money to build something? Did Chen forced anyone to do a donation? He and his team are making a great efort and are trying to deliver something we all are expecting a long time ago. If it was me, and acording to all negative coments here, i would have given up already and stoped this project.

PS: just one more thing... the device runs and it looks amazing

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
So, why don't you share information about the phones where you work on??? I don't believe anything in that. There is no such thing.
Oh and also, Samsung S10 is also vaporware since it's not out nor confirmed. A new iPhone is also vaporware.
So that means everything is vaporware. Even the phones you are working on it. Grow up
I could not care less if you beleive me or not. The peculiar fact is, that as a proof of existence of anything you're asking for text information and imagery. On the internet. Asking the guy with pretty advanced 3D rendering skills in his portfolio. In 2019. Nice move, wow smart.

Oh and also, Samsung S10 is also vaporware since it's not out nor confirmed.
Exactly, it's so awesome that you're finally getting the point! The only slight difference is that Samsung and Apple have the track record of delivering the product. So you can assume that S10 will eventually be out (but not neccessarily with *rumored* specs, these are still vaporware). Like that iPhone concept with a ring flash - you have nothing but rumors and renders to prove that version. Will you advertise it as the real thing on the message boards?

There is a great deal of vaporware products that were never shipped from the tech juggernauts like Asus or Dell, but you're not conveniently referring to them.

Well, one phone, Inoi R7 is already released and being used, all other options, and you got it absolutely right, is vaporware for the masses at this point in time. And this is exactly why you don't have any information about them.

He and his team are making a great efort
Yeah, sure. So he says.

Here's the deal, if you have a questionable track record in delivering the products, but you're actually just an unlucky honest man, why would you make your freakin' third attempt in delivering the product to go all the same steps as two previous ones? Scarce updates, unreallistic, then postponed delivery dates, radio silence. That's either maddness/stupidity or that's the whole plan to end up binned.

Did Chen, or anyone else, asked for money to build something?
Yes. And did not deliver. Twice.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
I give up... Waiting patiently for a great project to come. Even if doesn't come i congratulate Chen for the try

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Even something as fairly straightforward as customizing an android OEM phone with Sailfish OS and making sure everything is reliable and operating in a particular cases is quite a challenge for or a 100+ team of professionals.
Aren't there some ports for not officially supported devices?
So there were 100+ teams developing them?! Impressive.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
n950 revival, q-device, qwerty keyboard, sailfishos, sailingchen