Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by zurrain101 View Post
hey thanks. i am downloading both. but i have another question. the fonts that i have download have only one file that is ttf. but u show its 4 files.
what should i do?
make for copies of it .
and name exactly the same as the four files shown in insturctions.
i have just recently changed my fonts the same way.

change the name without putting .ttf at the end as they are already .ttf .

so just change the name of those four copies exactly same and put it in /usr/share/fonts

and then go to theme customizer and choose your font and reboot your mobile .
done .

Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
i have a folder in my n900 for fonts. i made it on mydocs. should i delete it so that theme customizer doesnt show them as i imported them. then i should select the new font that i place in the folder u said above?

hey and could u please explain how i can use winscp? ive download ssh client and server to n900 n set password. and also installed winscp on windows. now what should i do?
thanks

i have a folder in my n900 for fonts. i made it on mydocs. should i delete it so that theme customizer doesnt show them as i imported them. then i should select the new font that i place in the folder u said above?
no .
dont delete them .
actually theme customizer only reads the ones which are placed in /usr/share/fonts
try placing all the fonts in this path and theme customizer will read all of them .

plus those four files too.
so have you installed winscp ?
and openssh ?
and i hope while installing openssh it has asked for the password ?

ok i found it out.ok im connected. now i should put the nokia system fonts back? and then remove them and place my 4 files? and one more thing can i place all my fonts with 4 files and select them with theme customizer without connecting to pc?

ok i found it out.ok im connected. now i should put the nokia system fonts back? and then remove them and place my 4 files? and one more thing can i place all my fonts with 4 files and select them with theme customizer without connecting to pc?
good means you already know how to use WinSCP
good.
ok now make a back up of original nokia text file.
means copy them in your computer and then just place your files .
and the answer to your last line.
everytime you need to change your font you have to connect your phone to pc .
else i will not suggest using root as i am also a noob

hey so in nokia folder i should replace those 4 files with my renamed fonts files? and i meant that like there are other folders in the fonts folder in n900. like arabic folder and chinese folder. can i do this, maker folders of my fonts. and those folders should have these 4 files renamed to the names in instructions. and then i select from theme customizer?

hey so in nokia folder i should replace those 4 files with my renamed fonts files? and i meant that like there are other folders in the fonts folder in n900. like arabic folder and chinese folder. can i do this, maker folders of my fonts. and those folders should have these 4 files renamed to the names in instructions. and then i select from theme customizer?
yes just replace them
or you can just place them any where in /usr/share/fonts
and yes you can make your own folders .
theme customizer will show them as far as they are in /usr/share/fonts .
hope it will work

ok thanks and now i have placed the fonts in nokia folder with the default fonts. now what should i select in theme customizer?

yeah and them reboot
or first reboot then select .
better option to choose first and then reboot !

Tags
lol@yasirrfc, spoonfeed alert, yasirrfc