Installing btxfer from app catalogue fixes this.
hhm, btxfer still has libbluetooth1 as a dependency so doesn't install for me.

where did you get libbluetooth1? (which repository?)

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Mine is working, mostly

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Mine is working, mostly
mostly? what fails?

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I am running 1.3.2

Flite was not installing so thats not working. I used it today, but it did not leave a red track of where I went. (is that a setting, I could not find it). Also wasn't there a proxy setting, or is just built in now?

I initially tried to install maemo-mapper and it failed, I am not sure what I installed to make it work. I may have hosed this thing but it appears to be working.

becomeroot
dopewars
fceu
kismet
maemo-mapper
mediastreamer
minimo
mplayer
nmap osso-xterm
tt-bitstream-vera
unzip
visualboyadvance
vncviewer
xmaeme
xmame
zip

Also once I got root on the terminal, I ran apt-get install ssh, which also installed debconf and a couple other packages, it choked on processing one of the packages, but everything finished cleanly. I know I will be rebuilding this thing not to far into the future so I worried about hosing it, its an adventure again.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Jose
I donated before, and I intend to go and donate again now. I think instead of just talking about donating, we should all post how much we went and donated already. As soon as I'm done with this posting, and find his web page I'm donating $20 (not sure what the converts to). I think there's enough of us using this, and have the N800 that we should be able to donate enough for him to buy a new one. Personally I'd say that would be a great way to thank him for all the great work. And to get everyone a new N800 version ;-)

So, lets get to it.

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
500 devices to be given out, popularity of maemo mapper... yeah, I'd find it hard to believe gnuite won't get an invite.
I find it hard, too!

Anyway, I'm in the bunch. As a hard user of MM (I travel a lot for work!) I'm ready to donate another $10 if needed to port MM to 800 as soon as I'll get it

Gnuite, you made a great little piece of software (who said that to be useful a software should have zillions of code lines?!?!?)

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
500 devices to be given out, popularity of maemo mapper... yeah, I'd find it hard to believe gnuite won't get an invite.
Of course this is painfully self-evident to all of us here on ITT (at least). But one does wonder how different the corporate view in Nokia management can be : after all, until last week most of us also would have found it hard to believe that ITOS2007 would orphan the 770 platform, and that the long-awaited and much-discussed release of this interesting new hardware would turn into such a PR disaster and community backlash...

i was able to find the missing bluetooth library in the maemo repository. After installing, everything works fine, bluetooth gps included.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ OC, CA
URL for the missing bt library?

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
My N800 is (supposedly) shipping as I write this. MM is the #1 app I use.

Where can I donate?

-F