Active Topics

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
After watching this N9 <ahem> "Rollout", I can't help but wonder (by bringing up an old dead thread) Why didn't they use the N9 parts to remake the N900-2012 edition. With the additional performance couldn't the newer features simply been an upgrade to an already proven device with a good following? I don't think it will be a stretch to say the N9 will never be more popular than the N900 was due to availability. The PS3, the Xbox 360, why not my N900. I would definately have bought a new one, even if my old one had a working USB port.

I don't honestly think Nokia would ever remake the N900, but I just wish they would have an alternative for my broken USB N900 ( that I wouldnt have to import/ or add keyboard to.).

Last edited by lorul2; 2011-09-15 at 16:51. Reason: Something else to talk about

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Possible? Hell yes.

You honestly would say the N950 is just that... faster but same processor, faster clocked, similar GPU, more RAM, more storage, stuff is automatically installed in /opt now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
Of course it's possible.
Will Nokia do it? Hell no.

That said, quadruple the RAM, put a slightly more modern version of the same CPU in it (faster clock), bump the battery capacity slightly and make the display the size of the N800s (still resistive), and I'd be in line to buy that sucker!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to glabifrons For This Useful Post:
They just abandoned the N9 before it's release and you hope they will remake the N900 . Sorry , but your hope will die with you . Nokia already took a piss on Maemo and Meego and embraced Microsoft .

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoss91 For This Useful Post:

Does anybody read the first post before they start commenting?!

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by lorul2 View Post

Does anybody read the first post before they start commenting?!
i think no one

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

First post redo.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
i loved the optimism but believe me this is not least enough to open Elop's eyes . Better leave it all alone .

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by lorul2 View Post
After watching this N9 <ahem> "Rollout", I can't help but wonder (by bringing up an old dead thread) Why didn't they use the N9 parts to remake the N900-2012 edition. With the additional performance couldn't the newer features simply been an upgrade to an already proven device with a good following? I don't think it will be a stretch to say the N9 will never be more popular than the N900 was due to availability. The PS3, the Xbox 360, why not my N900. I would definately have bought a new one, even if my old one had a working USB port.

I don't honestly think Nokia would ever remake the N900, but I just wish they would have an alternative for my broken USB N900 ( that I wouldnt have to import/ or add keyboard to.).
If N9 sells wildly, I think they may do just that. Its been their strategy for years to have a slab and companion slider with keyboard.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
We = niche.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blipnl For This Useful Post: