Notices

I've been experiencing the 0 track playlist issue continuously.

I think it has something to do with setting tracks for offline use. Before the last update, I was able to set tracks for offline use and it would work fine.
Now, starting from a clean install of qspot, I set one playlist (that I have made, i.e. not a subscription) for offline use, qspot syncs it, then the next time I open qspot all my playlists have 0 tracks, including the offline list.

Is there any fix for this? While spotify is great, it is pretty useless on the underground if you can't sync it offline. Plus the 0 track problem is annoying.

Thanks for any help.

Originally Posted by jools909 View Post
I've been experiencing the 0 track playlist issue continuously.

I think it has something to do with setting tracks for offline use. Before the last update, I was able to set tracks for offline use and it would work fine.
Now, starting from a clean install of qspot, I set one playlist (that I have made, i.e. not a subscription) for offline use, qspot syncs it, then the next time I open qspot all my playlists have 0 tracks, including the offline list.

Is there any fix for this? While spotify is great, it is pretty useless on the underground if you can't sync it offline. Plus the 0 track problem is annoying.

Thanks for any help.
Sounds very strange, I have not myself experienced the issue you described. I am mainly using the N9 version currently, I assume this concerns the N900 QSpot version? I will try myself later today and see if I can possible reproduce the issue. Thanks for your feedback!

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamburg, Germany
Same here. Doesn't matter if there is something in offline sync or not. Most of the time when I start QSpot the playlists show '0' songs. Only some time, after several tries, it shows something.

Is there anything I can help to get this to work? Is there a trick to reload the playlist while QSpot is already running?

I would even donate to get this running! I really don't want to use any other phone rather the N900!

Originally Posted by martinwozenilek View Post
Same here. Doesn't matter if there is something in offline sync or not. Most of the time when I start QSpot the playlists show '0' songs. Only some time, after several tries, it shows something.

Is there anything I can help to get this to work? Is there a trick to reload the playlist while QSpot is already running?

I would even donate to get this running! I really don't want to use any other phone rather the N900!
Hello,

It would be easier to fix the issue in case I could myself reproduce the issue. I used the N900 version of QSpot yesterday, and all playlists loaded ok. What version of QSpot are you using (shown in application About dialog)? Does it help to uninstall app, and re-install (in case there would be some problem with cache etc.)? Playlists are not explicitely loaded, they are essentially "pushed" to the user upon successful login. So there is no easy way to force loading after startup.

mmmh ... im using the latest 1.2.0-1. i've tried to delete the cache files and also reinstalled. what helps one time is to logoff and logon. but then of course no offline is availabe. this has worked for me before just fine. maybe spotify has changed something or a dependency is broken on my system? sorry to bother you!

mmmh ... im using the latest 1.2.0-1. i've tried to delete the cache files and also reinstalled. what helps one time is to logoff and logon. but then of course no offline is availabe. this has worked for me before just fine. maybe spotify has changed something or a dependency is broken on my system? sorry to bother you!
The Spotify backend library does have several issues, so it would not be surprising in case the problem is libraryh-related. Does the list of playlists show 0 tracks for the lists, or is the track count correct but the playlists themselves empty when you open them? And are the problematic lists offline playlists only?

Came to think about one thing; what bitrate settings do use use? The bitrate for streaming and offline sync can be changed via application Settings. Remember that earlier someone had a similar 0 track problem, and it was related to bitrate setting. You could try changing it and see in case it has some impact on the problem.

Cool tip! I can confirm setting the download bitrate to 96kbit works much more stable. The other bitrate does have no effect. Mmmh ... but i still have no idea what the problem is and how to solve it.

Just donated a few euros/dollars to QSpot!

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to martinwozenilek For This Useful Post:
Cool tip! I can confirm setting the download bitrate to 96kbit works much more stable. The other bitrate does have no effect. Mmmh ... but i still have no idea what the problem is and how to solve it.

Just donated a few euros/dollars to QSpot!

Thanks!
Thanks you very much for your donation, very much appreciated! It is strange that bitrate could impact, but one reason is that the tracks are requested based on set bitrate, and the request for playlist tracks fails with different bitrate. It should, however, not work that way. Need to look more into this problem.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Düsseldorf, Germany
Just donated a few bucks to QSpot as well, until yesterday the N900 was the most stable spotify client I had, then I ran in the 0 track playlist thing.
Thanks to this thread I set the bitrate to 96kbit/s, now it is working again.

Thanks!

Georg

Tags
premium account, spotify