Hi Guys ,another new SailFishOS user i can't find the cm13 base SFOS which you guys are talking about can someone provide me the link.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamvar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by iamvar View Post
Hi Guys ,another new SailFishOS user i can't find the cm13 base SFOS which you guys are talking about can someone provide me the link.
Since video recording is still not working and i haven't had the time to look at the bluetooth call problem i haven't released it yet.

Still OTA is not 100% tested, need to wait until 2.1 gets an official release.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Since video recording is still not working and i haven't had the time to look at the bluetooth call problem i haven't released it yet.

Still OTA is not 100% tested, need to wait until 2.1 gets an official release.
Thanks for providing the info.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamvar For This Useful Post:
Hi!
You could use Sailfish Maps if you have access to an original Jolla device or try out PoorMaps.

Another way would be to install AlienDalvik and use the Android app of your choice. For AlienDalvik running on cm12.1 take a look at this thread, there is an installable RPM in there somewhere.
Thank you for your response!

I don't have access to original jolla device and Poormaps install fails to a dependency problem.
I will test that aliendalvik someday.. Thanks!

I just got Sailorgram (telegram client) working by installing beta version, found that from github.

I have little problem with keyboard. In vertical position there is empty horizontal bar in top of the keyboard ( I think that word suggestions should be there). I can't get that bar off.
I don't remember was it there before, because I was fiddling with Dolphin keyboard (I was trying to get Emojis working).
Any ideas?

Thank you, guys, for all the great work you have done so far porting SFOS.
I hope to become Sailfish user on Nexus 5 soon as well.
Any info I need to know except the first post of the first page?

Last edited by zxcvbnm3230; 2017-03-01 at 20:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zxcvbnm3230 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm3230 View Post
Thank you, guys, for all the great work you have been done so far porting SFOS.
Yes now you can install aliendalvik on your nexus 5. Here is my rpm
https://mega.nz/#!QMcnyJBR!JcKjXx3nY...oz9FvYvCV36TVU

also you can install gapps i made for nexus 4. It works on nexus 5 too but it has some issues it gives error that google services stop working but nothing else. Nothing crashes it just gives that warning.
Here is gapps i made for nexus 4 but as i said it works on nexus 5 too.
https://mega.nz/#!tY8UEL6T!lx7H0TKCB...CczfF9H7lsSi08

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm3230 View Post
Thank you, guys, for all the great work you have done so far porting SFOS.
You should search the thread for the OTA update tutorial. Don't use the 2.0.4 image linked somewhere in this thread, some things do not work properly with this image, use the 2.0.1.11 image linked in the first post. Do not update to 2.1 versions. 2.0.5.6 is the last working one and officially released one.

You could also use one of my custom kernels and minimecs bluetooth sleep patch for some extra features and battery juice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
You should search the thread for the OTA update tutorial. Don't use the 2.0.4 image linked somewhere in this thread, some things do not work properly with this image, use the 2.0.1.11 image linked in the first post. Do not update to 2.1 versions. 2.0.5.6 is the last working one and officially released one.

You could also use one of my custom kernels and minimecs bluetooth sleep patch for some extra features and battery juice.
I used 2.0.4.13 on my Nexus 5 and aliendalvik and gapps work on it. It has sensor problems but sensorsfix3.zip in this threads first post fixes problems. You just have to restart sensorfwd service to make sure that proximity sensor works after you restart the phone. That's it.

Actually i do not use BT so i can't tell anything about it.

The Following User Says Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
I used 2.0.4.13 on my Nexus 5 and aliendalvik and gapps work on it. It has sensor problems but sensorsfix3.zip in this threads first post fixes problems. You just have to restart sensorfwd service to make sure that proximity sensor works after you restart the phone. That's it.

Actually i do not use BT so i can't tell anything about it.
Some people have camera problems with this image and sfdroid doesn't work with it.

Even if you don't use BT, you have the problem that your phone never enters suspend mode, because of bluetooth wakelocks.

Last edited by mautz; 2017-03-01 at 20:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Some people have camera problems with this image and sfdroid doesn't work with it.

Even if you don't use BT, you have the problem that your phone never enters suspend mode, because of bluetooth wakelocks.
I did not have that issue. My phone was entering sleep state correctly. checked with mce tool suspen states. Even if i did not stop bluetooth service.
I had camera issue when i upgraded to 2.0.4.13 but when i installed directly that version i did not have any camera issues.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid