Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Is there any known incompatibility with "Improved notification preview"? I can't apply it and I am not sure what other patch would be incompatible with it. I have "No notifcation preview" but I try disabling it first and it was the same.

Also, is "Improved notification preview" an update to "Notification dismiss & remove" and is the latter an update to "Notification dismiss"? I'm a bit confused with all those patches having different names, if they are all the same more or less advance patch, giving them different names means they can be installed in parallel and be visible in the list in Patchmanager, that's confusing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Updated https://openrepos.net/content/coderus/patchmanager-20 to match builtin Unapply all patches patch to 2.1.1 release

Also added 2.1.1.23 to patchmanager online catalog options, enjoy!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
"Unapply all patches" works fine on 2.1.0.x
[...]
Well, this is *not* the case (100% reproducible = always fails after unapplying the first 10 Patches) on my two Jolla 1 phones under SFOS 2.1.0.11 (as described in in issue #12; tested more than four times on each phone, more than ten times cumulatively, over the course of the last couple of weeks).

If there is anything, I should check or record and post to you, please let me know.

Last edited by olf; 2017-07-24 at 18:54.

Originally Posted by olf View Post
Well, this is *not* the case (100% reproducible = always fails after unapplying the first 10 Patches) on my two Jolla 1 phones under SFOS 2.1.0.11 (as described in in issue #12; tested more than four times on each phone, more than ten times cumulatively, over the course of the last couple of weeks).

If there is anything, I should check or record and post to you, please let me know.
i mean unapply all patches patch

i mean unapply all patches patch
Well, that was too terse for me to comprehend:

Did you mean: You are sure, that the "Unapply all patches" built-in Patch of Patchmanager 2.0 works fine when updating SailfishOS, while triggering "Unapply all patches" via Patchmanager 2.0's top pulley entry seems to be broken?

Well, that was too terse for me to comprehend:

Did you mean: You are sure, that the "Unapply all patches" built-in Patch of Patchmanager 2.0 works fine when updating SailfishOS, while triggering "Unapply all patches" via Patchmanager 2.0's top pulley entry seems to be broken?
correct. unapply all patches patch is working totally different way than similar menu entry in patchmanager ui.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
patchmanager-2.3.2-10.40.1.jolla_.armv7hl.rpm installs flawlessly under SFOS 2.1.0.11, but subsequently applying its built-in Patch "Remove all patches" fails (presumably as it is made for SFOS 2.1.1.23).
Supposedly Patchmanager 2.3.2-10.40.1 ought to fail to install on SFOS 2.1.0.x per RPM conflict.

Tested on Jolla 1 phones (under SFOS 2.1.0.11, obviously ), using Warehouse for updating.

Reverted to Patchmanager 2.3.1-10.39.1, now built-in Patch "Remove all patches" applies flawlessly, again.

patchmanager-2.3.2-10.40.1.jolla_.armv7hl.rpm installs flawlessly under SFOS 2.1.0.11, but subsequently applying its built-in Patch "Remove all patches" fails (presumably as it is made for SFOS 2.1.1.23).
Supposedly Patchmanager 2.3.2-10.40.1 ought to fail to install on SFOS 2.1.0.x per RPM conflict.

Tested on Jolla 1 phones (under SFOS 2.1.0.11, obviously ), using Warehouse for updating.

Reverted to Patchmanager 2.3.1-10.39.1, now built-in Patch "Remove all patches" applies flawlessly, again.
I told you right here. Patch can't be made universal due to changes in 2.1.1, so latest patchmanager is only compatible with latest sfos version.

[...] Patch can't be made universal due to changes in 2.1.1, so latest patchmanager is only compatible with latest sfos version.
That was not my point (and clear before, as you denoted); it was to point out the seemingly missing RPM conflict (with SFOS < 2.1.1) to you (as the main developer of Patchmanager 2.0) and users running into the same issue.

But hey, one can easily revert to the previous version (although this is a bit tedious) and ignore this update in Warehouse / Storeman, until SFOS 2.1.1 is publicly released. (I.e. everything is fine, basically. )

pushing an update most can't install is a much worse solution

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os