Hey,

I recently got my hands on a new Nokia N9 and am currently looking for a way to access Whatsapp with it. Is this still possible as of now?

I can‘t find a working version anywhere online.

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Charly26 View Post
Hey,

I recently got my hands on a new Nokia N9 and am currently looking for a way to access Whatsapp with it. Is this still possible as of now?

I can‘t find a working version anywhere online.
That would be a no afaik, read this thread

https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.ph...76#post1543276

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2018-04-14 at 16:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the definite answer. Would installing android be an option in this case?

I‘ve read that some features like the camera or voice calls don‘t work under android.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Austria
yes, you're right, but you can use telegram (meetelegram) and in case you really need whatsapp you can reboot into nitdroid

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
I did use the dual boot for some time, but it was a pain...you can't recharge the phone if it's switched off, so if the battery goes to 0% you will need a computer with flasher to reactivate it. Sometimes you have to try several times to boot Android or MeeGo and if you receive a call when using Android they won't hear anything. Meetelegram works somehow, but forget images, voice messages and group chats (you don't read the sender name).

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
I did use the dual boot for some time, but it was a pain...you can't recharge the phone if it's switched off, so if the battery goes to 0% you will need a computer with flasher to reactivate it. Sometimes you have to try several times to boot Android or MeeGo and if you receive a call when using Android they won't hear anything. Meetelegram works somehow, but forget images, voice messages and group chats (you don't read the sender name).
Huh, this doesn‘t sound very suitable for everyday-use. I guess it‘s pretty much a lost cause to set up whatsapp on the phone at this point then?

Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Yes, WhatsApp on N9xx is a no-go. Most people buy these devices for their Linux appeal. If you like Linux, explore the many other things you can do with your N9, but if you just wanted a phone, perhaps sell it and get yourself an Android device or iPhone

The Following User Says Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Austria
i would suggest a sailfishos powered device

The Following User Says Thank You to smatkovi For This Useful Post:
There were some whatsapp-like apps but couldn’t remember the name of them. They were connecting to your whatsapp from a central database and the redirectig to your phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to emilgaigns For This Useful Post: