Posts: 92 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Toulouse, France
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
I'm thinking Psion Series 7/NetBook. I'm thinking Newton eMate 300. I'm thinking Toshiba Libretto. I'm even thinking Psion MC400 (doesn't that take you back?).
I'm not familiar with all of those but I don't think any of them had a really FULL-sized keyboard.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Really not too much to see here folks move along. The device is too big and too underpowered for what it does. If money is not an object (which it seems it isn't for a lot of business users) then you would just get a OQO model 2 and that sexy dock. At the other end of the spectrum there is the N800 with a bluetooth keyboard. This in between space is simply bested by a ton of other $500-$700 Windows XP laptops.

But at least Palm uses Opera 9, where Nokia is vague about when they will release an uptodate version of Opera.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by artkavanagh View Post
I'm not familiar with all of those but I don't think any of them had a really FULL-sized keyboard.
O yes they had.

And if we're going to split follicles, the Fooleo doesn't have a full-sized (in whatever font) keyboard either: there's no dedicated numeric pad.

Here's a fun link.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070530/palm_...ions.html?.v=1

The news is dated today. Anyone want to buy Palm stock?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
That is rarely a good sign.

I guess there's something to be said about confidence in what the release of a new product will do for your bottom line...I would be interested in a Folio at $200, but not much more. I do like that it is flash-based though.

Woot! has the Samsung Q1 for $649 in their Woot! Off today...not a big Windows fan, but that's only $50 than Palm wants for the Folio.

I was ready to order a nokia n800 but waited until this announcement... I have a very capable smartphone currently but decided that I wanted a larger display and more capable browser...
I've had a Nokia n800 for several months now, and the size makes it very useful in situations that would make using a laptop, even a small one, awkward. For instance, when you're on the throne. I'm only partially kidding...

The smaller form factor, and the ability to use most of the devices functions without a stylus make it much more useful to me than my Samsung Q1. The Q1 convinced me that Windows has no place on touch screen tablet. It'll need some major redesigning for the interface to be useful in that form factor.

I withhold judgement on the Folio. Palm has underwhelmed me in the past, and I've come to regret it, when confronted with the wisdom of their designs.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by timepilot84 View Post
For instance, when you're on the throne. I'm only partially kidding...
Glad it's not only me then...

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Glad it's not only me then...
Now I'm worried about the last two responses...where did they come from