Hi!
new version: 0.8.1.0
http://xoomer.alice.it/sepaolo/n800vc/

Whats New:

* Use of MEncoder (is in the Zip File) instead of FFMPEG
* You can now set Audio/Video bitrate and Audio Frequency
* Calc of extimated file size (in box Destination Info)
* New Layout

All Files needed are in the zip file.

Paolo

Really should update the first page if not the first post instead of posting at the end. Man I love my n800, it makes browsing the net from my bed so convenient!

Originally Posted by noyz View Post
Really should update the first page if not the first post instead of posting at the end. Man I love my n800, it makes browsing the net from my bed so convenient!
Ok, updated

Paolo

new version of N800 Video Converter: 0.8.2.0

Whats New:

* Experimental support for web files, use the Open URL button
paste a Web link of a Video, then specify a filename (without .avi)
press OK and proceed like local video files,
tested with videos on stage6.com, mov files on Apple.com,
some mms streaming files. Try :-)

Paolo

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by pmaxx69 View Post
Eh Eh! E pensare che ero partito da un file BAT che faceva egregiamente il suo lavoro , comunque ti seguo da tempo su ICHP e sui vari BLOG, e 'a causa tua' ho preso l'N800 :-)
Wow! che onore grazie del tuo lavoro!

new version of N800 Video Converter: 0.8.2.1

Whats New:

Whats New:

* Added option 'No Resample' to Frequency lists of Audio Settings
* Normalize check button, to enhance audio volume (to use this option select 'No Resample' in the Frequency list

Paolo

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Paolo,

I'd like to thank you for this fine program. Not only does it do its work well, the speed with which you replied to feature requests is nothing short of amazing. Again, thanks.

Indeed Paolo,

it works very well now. The first version created a large output file, but now it's small and it works really well!! Good smooth video on the N800, finally, without poking around in 100's of settings.

One thing i'd really like to see, is an option to include SRT (subtitle) support. If it's hardencoded in the final output file, i dont care, but it would be really nice

I also noticed in one movie file i just encoded that the sound is pretty soft, although i put all volume settings up. Maybe it's just this video, so i'll try it with another one. Keep on going dude, it's nice!

Originally Posted by BlogrQ View Post
One thing i'd really like to see, is an option to include SRT (subtitle) support. If it's hardencoded in the final output file, i dont care, but it would be really nice
It's not difficult to hard encode the srt (with mencoder), but mplayer support srt very well, i can copy automatically the srt file (with the same name of the source file) in the destination dir.

Originally Posted by BlogrQ View Post
I also noticed in one movie file i just encoded that the sound is pretty soft, although i put all volume settings up. Maybe it's just this video, so i'll try it with another one. Keep on going dude, it's nice!
Have you tried the normalize option in the audio section?
For now i am working on YouTube support and multichannel audio support for VOB files, but i can work to this software only few hours in the week-ends.

Bye,
Paolo

GREAT APPLICATION !!!!

That's the spirit of third-parity software
Great work man.. ordered my N800 several days ago, now i know what i have to use :-)