Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Hello fellow kiddos!
This month will have a juvenile influence.
Since i did not want to decorate myself too much with my daughters cake, it is at least her honor to send us into recent popculture with "Superpowers" as the leading line of the competiton.

She spoke about animals and their superpowers compared to us. Since cuteness is a superpower according to her, we may be able to again have a very broad definition of what our actual subjects could be

Rules are as usual:
Photos must be taken during this month (after theme is announced) and posted before voting starts.
Photos must be taken by the posting member.
Photos must be taken with a phone camera.
Post processing is allowed but you have to say what you did.
Users must name the phone and software they used.
Users post only one photo per entry.
Users can change the entry only once.
3 day voting period starts on May 29th after 08:00 UTC and ends at between 08:00 and 23:59 UTC on May 31th.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Is destruction a superpower? Because I have one Nokia N900 which doesn't boot due to not enough space on rootfs, another Nokia N900 which doesn't boot because of multiboot-something-something, another Nokia N900 which no longer detects SIM card (it was the last Nokia N900 I was using of the three devices mentioned), and now an Fxtec Pro1 which doesn't take photographs or detect SIM slots (because of how I broke it with Sailfish OS updates).

Anyway, sad jokes aside, there is still a lot of time ahead within this month. Even if I will have to dig out Nokia N900 in order to be able to take photographs of anything at all.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I lost my cam while making my sim work with N900 (and sim works!) but now I do not take pictures. Possibly gonna start using N9 for pictures as a pocket camera.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Green_Ray

While visible to camera, the hue was lost for naked eye.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
^^ Was it taken with a Camera Obscura, Wiki? (As it looks 180° rotated )

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Just Fxtec Pro1 upside down, I guess - I didn't notice. But in Gallery it's the right way up.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Just Fxtec Pro1 upside down, I guess - I didn't notice. But in Gallery it's the right way up.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...
The Pro1 seems to create images upside-down and rotate them with metadata; which means that anything that can strip the metadata (e.g. uploading to a forum) reverts to the hardware output rotation.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I lost my cam while making my sim work with N900 (and sim works!)
If you looking for the cam module, I remember the same is used in N97 mini.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Trzyzet For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Green_Ray

While visible to camera, the hue was lost for naked eye.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...
Back in the day before -- I just Altavista or Lycos anything and have the internet at my fingertips, it took me an Imperial eon (aeon?) to find a copy of that novel. From what I've read lately, there's a newly available recently English translation that's been well-received. Maybe if our libraries ever re-open, I can get a copy of that.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
My college physics building had a lab where the individual experiment rooms had light-blocking door sweeps and blackout curtains on the windows. I didn't need a dark room -- I don't know what experiments needed that actually -- but I pulled the curtain to see just how dark it could get -- very dark was the answer. But when my eyes adjusted a bit, on the wall opposite the window was the outside world, upside down! There was a tiny pinhole fissure in the blackout curtain! I'd read of camera obscura, so it wasn't a total surprise to me, but it was fun to see the effect for real and in person.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, competition