Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by sakya View Post
I made this just for fun.
Can you provide the source for this?

Last edited by jj0; 2011-02-09 at 11:51.

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Source code are available on the "homepage" (there's not really a page).
http://www.assembla.com/code/smssend/subversion/nodes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Thanks for getting back sakya! The only trouble I have is that without the -c option I have no record of the sms messages I send and with it it's not really command line only! I have also noticed that if I am viewing a conversation with a recipient and I send to that recipient with the -c option it brings up the dashboard. This means that the first sms I send brings up the conversation window and the second sends it away again (or at least means I have to tap it in the dashboard).

In case it helps, here is a bash snippet which adds a text message to the database. I don't know how safe it is, but it /does/ appear in the conversations window after some variable delay. I was planning to use this with my own SMS script but never quite finished the SMS part (I got stuck on sending >160-char texts).

Code:
# $number is like '+447123456789'

# the end bit of the number. this seems to be used in the group_uid field -- no idea what for
partialnumber=$(echo $number | sed -r 's/.*([0-9]{7})$/\1/')

# $message is the message
message=${message//\'/\'\'} #replace singlequotes with double-singlequotes for sqlite

# build query
query="insert into Events (service_id, event_type_id, storage_time, start_time, end_time, is_read, flags, bytes_sent, bytes_received, local_uid, local_name, remote_uid, free_text, group_uid, outgoing, mc_profile) values (3, 7, strftime('%s', 'now'), strftime('%s', 'now'), 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 'ring/tel/ring', '<SelfHandle>', '$number', '$message', '$partialnumber', 1, 0);"
echo "$query" | sqlite3 $HOME/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tremby For This Useful Post:
A direct insert in the db table doesn't seem the best way to me.
I'll look if there's some API to save a message.
Many thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
This in the wiki used to work for me and would sometimes add the message to the conversation window but it was never very reliable and no longer works for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to hutchinsfairy For This Useful Post:
The package is available in the Extras-devel repository
http://maemo.org/packages/view/smssend/

Btw I looked at the QtMobility APIs and it seems there's no way to save a message in the sent folder.
I think I'll use the db insert.

Yeah, I never claimed it wasn't messy! With a bit of testing maybe it'll turn out to be fine, maybe it won't.

I tried it and it seems to work fine.

Could I persuade you to add autosend to the -c option as well? It's nice to be able to send as user, over 160 characters and without risking simultaneous database writes (if I scheduled a text via alarmd with smssend)?