I upgraded to Diablo and everything is working just fine. Thanks!

Beta 2 has just expired - at least on my tablet. I guess we are now forced to update to 3 if we want to continue to use it. No countdown was given which is bad. Even the published date in 'about access' said it will expire months ago so you couldn't go by that.

I think that if Access wants to be taken seriously, they need a more professional and considerate approach to updates. Functionality is one thing constrained by cash but policy is 'free'. Please Access, listen to your users!

The Following User Says Thank You to dfinch For This Useful Post:
good grief after installing this update i cannot put more than one application via the launcher! if i add more apps the entire gvm.store gets corrupted! is it better to install via hotsync? can some kind soul point me to simple instructions on where to download and how to use hotsync? forgive my ignorance, this is my first "palm" device..

Try opening the emulator first before installing via the launcher. It's much quicker and less prone to corrupt the gvm.store file. Before installing, I usually launch something like the calculator and then exit out of the calculator to the menu of the emulator. I then switch back to the launcher while the emulator is still running and start installing. Just be sure to switch back to the emulator after installing and exit out of that before you try to run something off of the launcher menu. Someone offered that tip in this forum for a prior beta and it works great for the new beta too.

Originally Posted by burmashave View Post
Good grief. I have no idea how the private messaging here works. I still cannot PM you, and my profile had already been set to receive PM's. Here's the best I can do:

Beta 2

Repost when you've downloaded it so I can pull it off my server. By the way, the file is the beta 2 deb, although the version number is 1.0.1b.
I got it.

Thank you very much!

You're welcome, talladur.

Originally Posted by Pushwall View Post
Try opening the emulator first before installing via the launcher. It's much quicker and less prone to corrupt the gvm.store file. Before installing, I usually launch something like the calculator and then exit out of the calculator to the menu of the emulator. I then switch back to the launcher while the emulator is still running and start installing. Just be sure to switch back to the emulator after installing and exit out of that before you try to run something off of the launcher menu. Someone offered that tip in this forum for a prior beta and it works great for the new beta too.
thanks for the tip but that was me who gave that same tip on the previous beta haha.. it doesn't work on my side, after a few installs, the .store corrupts even with the emulator launched in the background. my only hope is that hotsynching would work better.. gotta get me a wifi dongle for my wired home network..

Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
thanks for the tip but that was me who gave that same tip on the previous beta haha.. it doesn't work on my side, after a few installs, the .store corrupts even with the emulator launched in the background. my only hope is that hotsynching would work better.. gotta get me a wifi dongle for my wired home network..
Haha that's funny you were the one with that tip. Anway, thanks for that tip info, it's made installing much quicker.

I find too after a few installs that it "hangs". To get it going again, I go to the emulator menu screen and pick another menu (e.g. it will be on the Utilities menu and I'll change it to the Systems menu). Once I switch back to the GVM launcher screen then the application has installed. I don't know if that will help you, but thought I'd mention it.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
Hi;

I would not have upgraded, but the old version had "expired". Now I can't get the darn thing to work. Have reformatted by GVM 16 MB store, but when I try to launch any application, it errors out with:

"Failed to launch application (err=0x30040000).

I only use the address book and memo-pad applications, but they are absolutely mission-critical for me. I'm dead in the water without them; will have save them as text and .csv files until I get the GVM going again.

With beta 2, I had no problem hot-synching. All my data is on my Windoze PC. ( I also have backup).

I would be perfectly happy with beta-2, if I knew how to get it back.

Any suggestions most welcome.

Thanks,

Steve

The only suggestion I have is to fully uninstall Garnet VM and then reinstall. If you have already done that, then I'm kinda at a loss on what to suggest next besides rebooting your tablet.

Last edited by Pushwall; 2008-12-06 at 18:35.

Tags
garnet, palm