Notices

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by zombiegavins View Post
engadget seems to make opera crash a lot but i guess that could just be a matter of taste
Never take engadget as a singular source. They just seem to be prejudiced against any resistive phone...

"It's hard to press anything with the pad of your thumb." /me shakes head
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Excuse me if I'm being dim, but I cannot get into portrait mode on my N800. Am I missing something or is this just not supported on the older hardware?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
unless the community ssu is installed (not yet official) its not going to work.

Opera Mobile 10 takes place in my main web browser in N900,
it works great, usually, but it crashes daily.
So MikroB is still more reliable.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by wjanowski View Post
Excuse me if I'm being dim, but I cannot get into portrait mode on my N800. Am I missing something or is this just not supported on the older hardware?
You have to install an additional program for rotate to happen, or in my case, I already have
rotate install (the advance light thing), in order for rotate to work, N810 or N800 same.

Carefully read opera mobile announcement, somewhere along the line, there is a link to add the rotate feature for N8x0. N900 has it built in, no additional programs needed.

"...Opera Mobile 10 on Maemo supports portrait screen mode, and will choose screen rotation automatically by default, based on the device orientation. It is also possible to select a specific screen mode manually from the settings menu. This works out-of-the-box on the N900. For the setting to work on the N800/N810 you need to install an additional kernel driver for rotation support....."

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-05-14 at 06:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
"...Opera Mobile 10 on Maemo supports portrait screen mode, and will choose screen rotation automatically by default, based on the device orientation. It is also possible to select a specific screen mode manually from the settings menu. This works out-of-the-box on the N900. For the setting to work on the N800/N810 you need to install an additional kernel driver for rotation support....."
Yes, but you better install community ssu, 'cause it will fix a lot of bugs and it consist this patch too.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by xomm View Post
Well, at least it's open-source, right?
I'm not sure if you're joking and already know the answer, but unfortunately Opera is not open source.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ California, USA
Sorry I'm late to the party, but this is fantastic! Keep up the effort. Clearly the fastest browser I have used on my N810.

Great work!

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
You have to install an additional program for rotate to happen, or in my case, I already have
rotate install (the advance light thing), in order for rotate to work, N810 or N800 same.

Carefully read opera mobile announcement, somewhere along the line, there is a link to add the rotate feature for N8x0. N900 has it built in, no additional programs needed.

bun
Got it, thanks. Works great now.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ perry ny
Thank You, this is so fantastic. I've been looking for a better browser option and this seems to work the best for me. I have a N800 and have not had a crash yet after 5 days. the only thing I might suggest is maybe a double clik for zoom instead of single. I find myself zooming when I'm tring to clik a link.

Tags
fast browser, opera