Does anyone know if phones that are not made by Nokia are compatible with the 770's bluetooth dialup? I have had no luck pairing any phones with the 770 other than my nokia 3650.

My old Sony Ericsson T616 works great! The default settings didn't work for me, so I copied the settings from my PDA (I found these settings online over a year ago when experimenting with Internet access on my PDA)

Dial-up number: *99#
User name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM

My Treo 650, as well as a Razr took a few tries, but eventually went through.

Originally Posted by jrac
My Treo 650, as well as a Razr took a few tries, but eventually went through.
Jrac.. are you a Sprint Treo 650 or other?

Other - Cingular. But it wouldnt pair exactly right. The trust was never fully created, so I had to approve the connection each time I use data. Also file transfer is not supported at all.

To get it to work, I had to pair without DUN enabled on the Treo, then turn it on when The 770 started checking for services. It timed out a few times, but eventually worked.

a not exhaustive list as begun here :
http://maemo.org/maemowiki/BluetoothDUN

i can pair with my Nokia 6820 (on TMO with t-zones)and browse the phone but sofar my DUN is not working.

i connected to a VZ VX6600 (EVDO enabled) but it didn't seem to see it as a DUN device

I just got my 770 today, so I may need to play with it a bit more.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Florida, USA
I have paired it with my Moto v330 using T-Mobile successfully.

Works great with my motorola E815 on verizon. (Paired and worked on the first try!)

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Newport Beach, CA
Works great with my RAZR V3 with Cingular. Even downloaded e-mail and browsed a little at highway speeds. May need frequent refreshes though as you pass from one cell to another cell, data packets are often apparently dropped. Much more reliable while stationary.

Dave