Active Topics

Does anyone know if when signed in to skype will my skype in number take calls?

Seems to work for me does anyone know if it works for them?

Thanks

Last edited by SimonHodgkiss; 2007-08-21 at 21:47.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Chicago, IL, USA
Absolutely.

When you're logged into Skype, and receive an incoming call (be it Skype-to-Skype or from a SkypeIn number), your N800 should 'ring'. You have the option to answer, or hit the 'hangup' button to silence the call without answering it. If you do the latter, it should then send them to your voicemail.

If you are not signed in when someone calls your SkypeIn number, it should send them to your voicemail after a period of 15-30 seconds.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Park City, Utah, USA
Yep. Works as advertised.

One comment, I've been surprised at the quality of the little built in microphone. I was on a Skype call yesterday and the person remarked about the nice music I had playing quietly in my office.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Victoria, BC
I'd be happy if my skype worked at all.

I managed to have it make a few calls. Now when it starts up it segfaults quickly, either immediately at startup or trying to do almost anything.

I've removed and reinstalled skype, deleted the .Skype folder, removed all the call history (there was some postings on skype boards that seemed to thing that was the problem). In general, I've pulled every trick I know except for reflashing.

At this point I'm just waiting for the next version.

adrrell

The Following User Says Thank You to darrellpf For This Useful Post: