Notices

I'm looking for an eBook reader that supports full-screen mode, smooth scrolling, and remembers the position you're in. Does such an application exist?

I've tried the following:
  • mgutenberg - no fullscreen, doesn't remember position
  • mebook - no fullscreen
  • fbreader - no smooth scrolling
  • Dorian - doesn't remember position

Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for you but I hope someone with more answers responds. I would love a program that matches what you're looking for!

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Boston
I find ebook to have the best interface...fbreader has the better library to choose from.

[*]Dorian - doesn't remember position

Maybe you tried an old version of Dorian just tried mine and it does remember the position...

Im using 0.4.7

I use MeBook myself and despite the tool-bars, which are not all that intrusive, I find the screen pretty good for size.

Originally Posted by carbonation View Post
I'm looking for an eBook reader that supports full-screen mode, smooth scrolling, and remembers the position you're in. Does such an application exist?

I've tried the following:
  • mgutenberg - no fullscreen, doesn't remember position
To get fullscreen, tap the center of the screen (like in Maemo's image viewer). It does remember the position for me, but YMMV.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I think you are asking the wrong question at this time. All the ebook readers are improving and none of them are huge, that I have noticed. If you choose one this week, some other reader may have an advantage next week. I'm running all of them and switching back and forth.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
I use FBReader, i think it is the most feature-complete, adjustable and supports more filetypes than the others. I too miss smooth scrolling sometimes (also automatic screen rotation option), but I like to set up the paragraph, typeface, margins and colors for myself, and FBReader is the best in this regard.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
I use FBReader, i think it is the most feature-complete, adjustable and supports more filetypes than the others. I too miss smooth scrolling sometimes (also automatic screen rotation option), but I like to set up the paragraph, typeface, margins and colors for myself, and FBReader is the best in this regard.
I agree with you that FBReader is superior in most ways, but the others are prettier.

You can copy and paste from FBReader too, and you can't from any of the others that I've found.