Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica
Yes, the title is correct - 7110, from '99

I was wondering if someone knows how to fix the slide. The button works, but the slide doesn't hit the bottom (who had this phone knows what I am talking about).

When I open it, the mechanism looks pretty simple, I attach the spring and everything, but when I close it something gets stuck somewhere... Someone with a similar experience?

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by rentze View Post

I was wondering if someone knows how to fix the slide. The button works, but the slide doesn't hit the bottom (who had this phone knows what I am talking about).

When I open it, the mechanism looks pretty simple, I attach the spring and everything, but when I close it something gets stuck somewhere... Someone with a similar experience?
Sorry I can't help you but I sorted this phone out back in '99 by driving over it with my lorry. It was just aweful. Why are you trying to fix it? Not being nasty, just curious

Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
Sorry I can't help you but I sorted this phone out back in '99 by driving over it with my lorry. It was just aweful. Why are you trying to fix it? Not being nasty, just curious
Well, there are no rational reasons to back it up I just like it very much and would use it as a daily phone (again) if I knew how to fix this.

Originally Posted by rentze View Post

my 7110 alas stopped working a few years ago, possibly because of some mishandling by someone i had lent it to
nonetheless, i kept it in a drawer mostly and even though i remembered the slide not moving quite so smoothly any more after 5 or so yrs of service, it seems to move even more sluggishly now.

could be dust stuck in the rails?
if so, cleaning it and applying a "contact spray" (that also works as a lubricant) may do the trick?

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Tampere, Finland
And that is a competitor of Maemo?

This is not a support site for old Nokia phone.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
The 8110 from the Matrix was a much cooler phone

Im all for self repair though bro so have a look here, might be some help.
http://www.uselessinfo.pwp.blueyonde...mantle7110.htm

Thanks a lot, I'll try to apply some contact spray or something like that...

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Using this (and others) as a main phone is an awesome idea!
So much is going on in the current gen of phones and I just miss the simplicity of Nokia!

5110/3210 day's! Snake!