Notices

Hi Mike!

Actually it was MaeSynth that lead me here, and put me thinking of getting n900, but I was afraid that its developement might have died and I still longed for sound engineering on the go. But I love your idea for keyboard support and although I wanted that Sun Vox thing, I also would want the type of sequencer youre using as well. Hows the sequencer, is it drum/bass only, or could you make whole arrangements with it? Could you make an audio or youtube demo?

Originally Posted by Mobilesynthesist View Post
Theremin could also use that proximity sensor btw! Like controlling the picth on the touch screen and amplitude with proximitysensor!
Unfortunately AFAIK the proximity sensor cannot tell the distance of the "hand or whatever". It's just a near/far -reading, and therefore will not be very useful for controlling musical instruments.

Anyway, I would also welcome new sound synthesis and musical composition software for the N900.

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
What about timidity?

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Yeah, but the amazing thing would be if we could somehow connect a mic to the N900 through the input jack of the phone, then we could have something great.....a mobile multitrack sequencer!

Anyone tried LMMS?

Don't think it will cope with lots of instruments/VSTs but for basic step sequencing/drum patterns it may work.

It starts up ok in E.Debian but the sound doesn't work - I don't know how to fix it - an ALSA mixer issue I think.

Originally Posted by Mobilesynthesist View Post
Hi Mike!

Actually it was MaeSynth that lead me here, and put me thinking of getting n900, but I was afraid that its developement might have died and I still longed for sound engineering on the go. But I love your idea for keyboard support and although I wanted that Sun Vox thing, I also would want the type of sequencer youre using as well. Hows the sequencer, is it drum/bass only, or could you make whole arrangements with it? Could you make an audio or youtube demo?
You can sequence any wave audio loop, I am using Python SDL mixer, and there is minor timing issue with multiple sounds starting at the same time, so I did a pre-mix of all the sounds on a timeline, and while that works a treat, you get a slight stutter when ever you change a sound, hence my move to C++.

I'm actually thinking of moving the sound engine to WildMidi, as we have that lib available for the N900, and then we can use the midi patch sets.

But I'm not going to find anytime to do this till close to xmas

Ok!

I've been watching some SunVox demos from youtube and its absolutely amazing, massive synth. Hopefully the PC and mobile versions are compatible, so you could export your mobile projects into PC.

And heres another request: How about Organ. Could N900 produce better sounding organ than iPhone? I'm in need of light organ for gigging right now, but if a phone could be used as sound source for midikeyboard, I could save a ton of money(for purchasing n900 or two). Electric piano and Mellotron are in wishlist of course as well.

Last edited by Mobilesynthesist; 2010-11-06 at 20:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
and there is milky tracker off course

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39408

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSEobtqEzcc
I can't install the program compatibility issues

About LMMS!! I found that! Is it port or through easy debian? I don't know. But sound is working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qwdOdzPM58