Active Topics

Notices

Just to clarify things, he had plans to sell N8 and buy next N900 - but, lately, he received N950. This is only for clarification - I really, *really* don't attack laasonen.

Ps.

It's probably mainly our fault than none of us have skill (or those having it, are over-projected ATM) that we can't continue this great project. Complaining now is like complaining if laasonen was ever hit by a bus or whatever. Time to move a.s.s and try to learn some python, I guess.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
I finally got to promote it to extras. Thank you for testing
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

Just wanted to say this finally let me use the power kernel while connecting to DD-WRT APs at the same time!

sorry, but could you elaborate more on this? I don't get how applet to switch between stock/bleeding-edge drivers may fix any problem with connecting to dd-wrt AP. Seems quite unrelated.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

There's a bug with kernel-power that prevents the N900 from seeing DD-WRT APs, but with the bleeding-edge drivers the APs show up again:

https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...1528&atid=5521

Your switching applet gave me a quick, convenient and failsafe way to switch between drivers.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GameboyRMH For This Useful Post:
had a problem and could not fix , installed the applet , downloaded the drivers and selected the wrong directory :s how can i fix it ? tried uninstall then install , still doesn't ask me for the right directory :s

Originally Posted by teamer View Post
had a problem and could not fix , installed the applet , downloaded the drivers and selected the wrong directory :s how can i fix it ? tried uninstall then install , still doesn't ask me for the right directory :s
ok fixed it , selected the right directory , the newest power kernel installed .. still gives me an error "ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device" :s

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
I haven't touched the code for half of an year, but I remember that it checks the folder for the drivers when you select it. And if you remove the drivers from the folder afterwards, it asks for the new location automatically next time.

ok fixed it , selected the right directory , the newest power kernel installed .. still gives me an error "ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device" :s
What works and what doesn't?
  • Loading stock-drivers
  • Loading bleedingedge-drivers
  • Disabling wlan
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

This applet is no longer developed. Use Advanced Interface Switcher instead (and Cleven or fAircrack for hassle-free injection enabling + aircrack frontend).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
@laasonen,
is there any possibility that the state of the wlan (disabled or enabled) remains the same even after reboot?
At the moment, after every reboot it goes to enabled state.

It would be great if it stays at the last state it was before rebooted/ shutdown? if it can be done using a simple mod, please post it, if u dont want the applet to be updated.

Thanks for the wonderful applet. significant difference matey!

Tags
announce, applet, bleeding edge, driver, monitor, not4noobs