Notices

Any progress with bluetooth headset play/next/previous buttons?

i installed it symfonie 0.2.3 version on my n900 after enabling DEvel and it fails to give me sound output... NO SOUND at all
Please suggest as i might be missing something
i have GLOBAL version installed

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by papps View Post
i installed it symfonie 0.2.3 version on my n900 after enabling DEvel and it fails to give me sound output... NO SOUND at all
Please suggest as i might be missing something
i have GLOBAL version installed
Are you sure you're not using the silent-profile? I've bumped into this problem a couple of times, and everytime there's no sound, it's because the silent-profile is in use..

thank you i just changed the profile from silent to general and it worked...

Originally Posted by sph View Post
Any progress with bluetooth headset play/next/previous buttons?
I don't have a bluetooth headset for teting. Maybe you can help me to gather some information? I will implement this feature when I have spare time.

I need the output from:
dbus-monitor --system

Run above comment from terminal, and then press all the buttons on your bt headset one by one, post the result back.

i've been using (abusing) MediaBox until now that i noticed this app.
I tried it and it has everything I want/have in MediaBox and more.

code, i have no complaints about the UI and the sound file format support is better than MediaBox (esp bitrate variants). as of the latest version, my only gripe is that:

When using MediaBox, pulseaudio mainly works in the background (using 15% or so CPU Power)

When using Symfonie, pulseaudio AND symfonie work in the background (using 16% and 21% or so CPU Power respectively)

I know it has been brought up before but as you indicated in your last post, it has been fixed?

Anyway, that's the only thing that stops me from using this app but great work so far!

Thank you!

Originally Posted by altorn View Post

When using MediaBox, pulseaudio mainly works in the background (using 15% or so CPU Power)

When using Symfonie, pulseaudio AND symfonie work in the background (using 16% and 21% or so CPU Power respectively)

I did top on both programs, here's what I see:
Mediabox:
pulseaudio (20%~30%)
mafw-dbus-wrapper (10%~15%)
python /usr/bin/MediaBox (1%-7%)

symfonie:
pulseaudio (22%~33%)
symfonie (20%~30%)

So Mediabox is about 10~15% more efficient. There's nothing I can do about pulseaudio, but I probably can do a profiling on symfonie to see if any improvement can be made.

Originally Posted by code View Post
I don't have a bluetooth headset for teting. Maybe you can help me to gather some information? I will implement this feature when I have spare time.

I need the output from:
dbus-monitor --system

Run above comment from terminal, and then press all the buttons on your bt headset one by one, post the result back.
Here you go
Code:
signal sender=:1.10 -> dest=(null destination) serial=2447 path=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_logicaldev_input_1; interface=org.freedesktop.Hal.Device; member=Condition
   string "ButtonPressed"
   string "previous-song"
signal sender=:1.10 -> dest=(null destination) serial=2448 path=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_logicaldev_input_1; interface=org.freedesktop.Hal.Device; member=Condition
   string "ButtonPressed"
   string "next-song"
signal sender=:1.10 -> dest=(null destination) serial=2449 path=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_logicaldev_input_1; interface=org.freedesktop.Hal.Device; member=Condition
   string "ButtonPressed"
   string "play-cd"
signal sender=:1.10 -> dest=(null destination) serial=2450 path=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_logicaldev_input_1; interface=org.freedesktop.Hal.Device; member=Condition
   string "ButtonPressed"
   string "pause-cd"

My suggestions for some important improvements to make this application the best of its kind:
1. A bug fix - when I play the first song in a folder, if I change to another folder while playing I cannot activate the first song in another folder - it won't play - I have to choose some other song and only after that choose the first again for it to work.
2. The scrolling left to right is sometimes very annoying - I tried to use this application while driving and it is hard to find a song quickly like this… a preference to disable this would be nice.
3. A shuffle button is missing (I didn't find it)
4. Creation and management of playlists for songs is missing
5. A fast equalizer enable/disable button would be great.
6. A "stop" play button is missing. (if I press "play" after it the song should start from the beginning).
7. Rearrange songs play order in a folder (something like drag&drop). And Allow to save it.

Thanks for the great work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
symfonie needs your help!

I have once again promoted the packages to extra-testing. Please vote and help the new version to be promoted.
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...fonie/0.2.5-5/