Notices

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
I am thinking of adding adaptive playlists support to builtt-in Media Player, but I wanted to do a reality check.

If I understand correctly I can use MAFW Playlists to create dynamic shared playlist fed from external source such as IMMS, that will be visible to Media Player (renderer).

Could anyone experienced with MAFW confirm that, before I dive into coding?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I'll say "yes" but I am most certainly not that person "experienced with MAFW" so feel free to view the below as bollocks.

My reasoning: A playlist I saved manually in the Media Player is available to all MAFW-utilizing programs, as http://repository.maemo.org/pool/mae...+0m5_armel.deb shows. However, I speculate that you'd have to replace the contents of FmpAudioPlaylist for Media Player to notice. And note that Playlists do not take straight paths to files; you have to get the URIs from a source, a Tracker source most probably.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Media Player already has dynamic playlists: "Recently added" and "Recently listened". I hope on hooking there.

How are you going to access "recently added" playlist? i mean where is it saved?

The Following User Says Thank You to PeroMed For This Useful Post: