Notices

I've released version 1.3. As usual, for download links and more informations, go to: http://notyetthere.org

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Wer das gleiche Problem hat wie ich, sich nicht mit dem RasmberryPi verbinden zu könne obwohl die Ports im Router weitergeleitet wurden (tcp 8080, tcp 9090, udp 9777), der kann gerne nachfolgenden Hinweis versuchen.

http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=6726

Wer das gleiche Problem hat wie ich, sich nicht mit dem RasmberryPi verbinden zu könne obwohl die Ports im Router weitergeleitet wurden (tcp 8080, tcp 9090, udp 9777), der kann gerne nachfolgenden Hinweis versuchen.

http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=6726

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 579 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Požega, Croatia
First of all thanks for a great app!
I'm not sure whether this bug is in xbmcremote or xbmc itself so I apologize in advance for possible "false positive".
The bug is in using "foreign" characters in directory names on xbmc which break xbmcremote - ie I have directory in "Pictures" category that is called "Naše" (notice the s charon sign). When I try to enter this directory the xbmcremote breaks with "Connection failed: Unknown error". By starting it from shell ("-d connect" option) I caught the error - first xbmcreports:
Code:
got files: QVariant(QVariantMap, QMap(("files", QVariant(QVariantList, (QVariant(QVariantMap, QMap(("file", QVariant(QString, "/home/filip/NaĹĄe/SomeFolder/")...
(notice the ĹĄ instead of š), and after that "the breaking" error:
Code:
image fetching failed "Error downloading http://192.168.2.102:8080/vfs//home/filip/NaĂ
ÂĄe/SomeFolder/ - server replied: Not Found"
Obviously either the xbmcremote is not handling "foreign" characters correctly - or maybe xbmc remote is serving them incorrectly.

TIA!

Hi

I've found a bug related to the notifications use in the remote. When I loose connectivity with my pc and re-connect there's a notification of the remote connecting. This notification is shown on top even if there's a video playing. Is there any way to avoid this behaviour? Maybe the app could check if xbmc is playing a video before showing this notification?

thanks,

Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
Hi

I've found a bug related to the notifications use in the remote. When I loose connectivity with my pc and re-connect there's a notification of the remote connecting. This notification is shown on top even if there's a video playing. Is there any way to avoid this behaviour? Maybe the app could check if xbmc is playing a video before showing this notification?

thanks,
This Notification is generated by xbmc itself as soon as something connects to the event server. There's no way to control it except setting the icon and the application name in the connection parameters. If I don't do that, there will still be a notification just saying "New connection" with the default info icon.

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Eindhoven, NL
Indeed, I once wrote a control event client for a Wii Remote, same thing. It is hard to surpress. But in almost all cases you connect first before putting on a movie, so I reckon the problem doesn't occur that much? At least, for me, frequent reconnections don't happen much, really.

Hi. I'm the one who did the Finnish translation and only now started wondering where I can change the language to see if it's any good.

Turns out I can't. I suppose you change the language by the system language? When I start Xbmcremote from the command line, one of the messages is "Cannot load translation file "xbmcremote_fi.pm""

So, did I find a bug or what?

I'm using the N9

The Following User Says Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slarti View Post
Hi. I'm the one who did the Finnish translation and only now started wondering where I can change the language to see if it's any good.

Turns out I can't. I suppose you change the language by the system language? When I start Xbmcremote from the command line, one of the messages is "Cannot load translation file "xbmcremote_fi.pm""

So, did I find a bug or what?

I'm using the N9
Ooops, yep, seems you found a bug. I forgot to include the new language files in the package. Your translation will be in the 1.3.1 release. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Hi, I have raspbmc running on my Raspberry Pi, which is currently XBMC ver 12.0 RC2. Is there any reason Xbmcremote would not work with this version of XBMC?
I can't get a connection from remote to XBMC.
I was thinking it also might be because of the RasPi being behind a network switch, and that's why it's not found by the remote.

For future versions of Xmbcremote, I suggest the ability to edit connection profiles. I have now 1.1, and if I want to try connecting with different settings, I have to create a new profile. Thanks, Ben