Notices

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2014 @ Germany
the versions 0.9.3 and 0.9.31-1 are same? thanks

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Qalendar is excellent, but I rarely use it because I access the calendar through Nicolai's Calendar Home widget replacement.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=55018

I wonder if Nicolai could be coaxed out of retirement to add Qalendar as an option to the calendar accessed by tapping on the Calendar Home widget?

Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
Qalendar is excellent, but I rarely use it because I access the calendar through Nicolai's Calendar Home widget replacement.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=55018

I wonder if Nicolai could be coaxed out of retirement to add Qalendar as an option to the calendar accessed by tapping on the Calendar Home widget?
Not needed. If you edit your dbus settings as per the wiki then maemo will treat Qalendar as the default calendar frontend and tapping rhe Calendar Home widget will launch Qalendar.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Last edited by TomJ; 2014-06-24 at 13:50.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
An issue I've just discovered: if you are using an external mouse, the pointer doesn't show up on the calendar body, though it does on the top menu bar.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Another niggle (sorry...)

With Qlendar supplanting the stock calendar using the --background nethod, when downloading some ics files (eg those generated by traintimes.org.uk/stp/sou/) MicroB offers the option to Open with Calendar. With others (eg those offered by www.gov.uk/bank-holidays) MicroB only offers to save to device, though opening the saved file in File Manager does get the data into Qalendar. I note the former dialogue says the file type is text/x-ical wheras in the latter case it's text/calendar. I'm reasonably sure that stock handled both correctly, though I don't have a stock device to hand to test. Is there a config entry to change in MicroB or elsewhere, and could future installs/upgrades make that change for everyone?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Ouestion regarding the birthday events:
How to set an alarm e.g. 09:00 at the same day of the birthday for every year?

Apologies if anybody has already mentioned this, but I was wondering if there is any performance or resources 'hit' from using Qalendar, because the project sounds fantastic!

Originally Posted by Xagoln View Post
Apologies if anybody has already mentioned this, but I was wondering if there is any performance or resources 'hit' from using Qalendar, because the project sounds fantastic!
AS the wiki page says, it uses about 10MB more than stock - however, as it's so much more useful than stock that is a small price to pay.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Another feature request... would it be possible to use left/right swipe on events to go to the previous/next event?

Also, not really a bug but a niggle; when deleting an entry, the confirmation dialogue is "Delete Compnent? Yes/No" - could be a bit confusing, as I would think of a component as a software module rather than calendar entry.

Minor points, but as Qalendar is so much better than stock I like to see it polished!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
I'm reasonably sure that stock handled both correctly
No, it does not:

Name:  Screenshot-20140802-165512.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  20.0 KB

Note to self: I should start following this thread again. I see there has been a lot of development going on since the last time I tried it but eventually decided to stick to the stock calendar for some reason I no longer remember.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
calendar, fremantle