As there's no 3 UK support for N900 I installed nitdroid to use their Skype on Three software. No problems with installation here.

Every time I go to My3 using 3G (not WiFi) it reports that I am trying to access my account from outside 3 network, most likely because I am connecting using WiFi. I've set up an APN manually to use three.co.uk with no luck. If I go to planet 3 from N900 it goes to my account without any problems even though 3 doesn't sell/support N900 on their network.

Similar thing happens if I try to log in to my Skype account using 3 Skype software. It just says it can't log me in and to try again later - I assume that's because it thinks I am not on 3 network.

Has anyone had any luck finding the right settings for that? Is that even possible on nitdroid? Thanks a lot!

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
So.. basically Planet UK is not free... I mean 3

Oh... Come on... It was late

I should probably ask this on nitdroid forums as well. I'll give it a go.

Last edited by czajunia; 2010-11-30 at 13:35.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Hi
I have a 3 uk sim and use skype on the n900 all the time with no problems..I don't have nitdroid installed, I just use it through the built in phone app.
I take it that doesn't work for you or is there something in their 'skype on 3 software' that you want?

Oh no, n900 built in Skype works like a charm for me. As well as Planet 3 and other 3 services.

The reason I wanted a Skype application supported by 3 is that they offer free Skype phone calls that are routed through their network. When you are on Three and call Skype it gets connected through their gateway rather than using 3G data connection.

Well, I have never gone over the limit with my unlimited 3 Internet when calling Skype from n900 but I found the call quality to be superior if it is connected through their Skype service rather than 3G - tested that on my Nokia E71.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Ah, I see, now I understand. Sorry, can't help you then, as 3 still think I have an N95. Everytime I refuse an upgrade they knock a bit more off my monthly bill, or give me more minutes ;-)

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
I'm with 3 too and I have no troubles at all with planet 3. Not tried skype though.

Originally Posted by Dancairo View Post
Ah, I see, now I understand. Sorry, can't help you then, as 3 still think I have an N95. Everytime I refuse an upgrade they knock a bit more off my monthly bill, or give me more minutes ;-)
Kind of the same here

Originally Posted by Captwheeto View Post
I'm with 3 too and I have no troubles at all with planet 3. Not tried skype though.
Wow, can you access Planet 3 running nitroid? Did you have to change any settings?

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
Sorry no :P Not tried nitdroid yet. I'm not sure why it's not working for you. I'll install it one day and report back if I get any troubles

It's quite weird actually as I am using exactly the same APN settings as on Maemo.