maybe you should consider puzzlephone (wich i have preordered) or nexus5.. 5 inches, but thats fine for me. 5 is ideal dimension.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Switzerland
Hmm I don't think so, I know the Nexus 5 is too large for me and the other one is about the same size.

uhm maybe sony z3 mini but i dont know how much will be supported. however sfos has been already ported to z3 mini

Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Nokia N900 is possibly the most open currently?
http://elinux.org/N900

yes, it has very little RAM, but many have run Debian/Arch, etc. without hassle on it. I'd like to think it would also be a good candidate for Nemo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
uhm maybe sony z3 mini but i dont know how much will be supported. however sfos has been already ported to z3 mini
Z3 Compact, not mini. I've a Z1 Compact which is almost identical and there's been some activity on a Sailfish port to that also. The Compact Sony phones are probably as close as you can get to N9 size but still properly powerful unlike Samsung and HTC 'Mini' models which are often a lot more cut down than the non-mini models.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
A hardware question: I've been looking at prices for the Nexus 5, and noticed that the Nexus 7 is quite a bit less expensive (and the 2012 model appears to be supported by Nemo to some extent). So, would there be any significant disadvantage to using the Nexus 7 to hack on Nemo? Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
but nexus 7 is only a tablet, different from a phone...

in the meanwhile i leave this links:
the Ui showed on the second link is simply amazing.

https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Nemo/Glacier
http://play.qwazix.com/grog/

and this the replacement of homescreen on sailfish https://www.google.it/imgres?imgurl=...B3YQMwggKAAwAA

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Z3 Compact, not mini. I've a Z1 Compact which is almost identical and there's been some activity on a Sailfish port to that also. The Compact Sony phones are probably as close as you can get to N9 size but still properly powerful unlike Samsung and HTC 'Mini' models which are often a lot more cut down than the non-mini models.
yeah i confused name but i know that is the only brand of wich, mini/compact series has got the same hardware, apart the display of different size of course.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
but nexus 7 is only a tablet, different from a phone...
Well, yeah, but I already have lots of phones. I don't have a tablet, so this would let me play around in that world a little. And anyway, I still think it'd be easier to target the tablet market with alternative operating systems than the phone market...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
I still think it'd be easier to target the tablet market with alternative operating systems than the phone market...
Definitely! Maybe that's even the way forward. For somone who comes after Jolla, that is. Make a usable Linux tablet (with a strong emphasis on the word usable) and maybe (with a strong emphasis on the word maybe) move on to phones once that foot is firmly in the door.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: