Active Topics

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
I got it that way :
I typed apt , then hit the TAB and it gets apt- , then made it look like apt - ,
went back to apt, and hit TAB again. this way i could get lxde installed.
Doesnt make much sense to use it without a good keyboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to OptX For This Useful Post:
I'd recommend using ssh from a pc to avoid this issue, at least while installing stuff...

Once lxde is on there onboard runs smoothly and quickly

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
why can i not get this to work?
how frustrating.
I can can get it to show a mouse pointer then the n900 turns off,
any thoughts?

can, n900 wifi card,be putted in to monitor mode, working on all channels in mer?

a simple way round the keybord issue is to make a script for the commands needed on your pc then copy them to the /home/username folder on your sd card boot in to mer then in a terminal go to the same dir as where you put the scripts then run "sh nameofscript.sh

on the same note as my last post i can post the scrips here if it helps

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Woodbridge, CT USA
Okay... So, I've got my N900 dual booting to Maemo or Mer. I just installed LXDE in Mer. Now, it takes me to what looks like an Ubuntu Login screen. I can type in my name, but I cannot find any way to effectively hit 'Return'.

It seems as if the return key, together with any function key, does not seem to work. I can boot into Maemo, and chroot to my Mer installation to change things. But, I can't find what to change to either login automatically or get the Return key to work.

Any suggestions?

So can any one test if aircrack-ng is working?
You can do it by running apt-get install aircrack-ng, then airmon-ng start "interface name here" and last step is airodump-ng if_name

It seems as if the return key, together with any function key, does not seem to work. I can boot into Maemo, and chroot to my Mer installation to change things. But, I can't find what to change to either login automatically or get the Return key to work.
Maybe try to disable GDM via update-rc.d -f gdm remove and try to login via comand line, then run startx

The Following User Says Thank You to hardkorek For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ahynes1 View Post
Okay... So, I've got my N900 dual booting to Maemo or Mer. I just installed LXDE in Mer. Now, it takes me to what looks like an Ubuntu Login screen. I can type in my name, but I cannot find any way to effectively hit 'Return'.

Any suggestions?

have you tried pressing ctrl+m?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vallhalla81 For This Useful Post: