hmmmm.. Just used Abiword to open a word document. Not bad actually. I think I'll leave it installed. It launched very quickly too. None of that 1 min to open biz.

Yeah, it opens word documents fast. But try inserting a table or just using it for any length of time.... Poof! There goes everything you typed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Eric! For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Eric! View Post
Yeah, it opens word documents fast. But try inserting a table or just using it for any length of time.... Poof! There goes everything you typed.
Yes, this hildonized version of Abiword is an unmitigated disaster... sooner rather than later it crashes and / or freezes (starts running at near 100% cpu load).

Only viable alternative at the moment is Debian Abiword 2.6.4 under Qole's 'easy-debian' environment... launch times are not bad, about 30 secs to an empty doc window. Once launched, things are speedy...!

--denis

Oh I'm not saying these things wont happen. Just saying that I found something useful for it in whatever limited state it is .

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
I too have tossed AbiWord. Great product on my notebook but not for the N800. I manage to scrape by with Notes and/or Google Apps