Hi.

I've done my shares of re-flashing and reinstalling the device and now that I try to again use GPE calendar and erminig, since they seem to be the best poison around, I get this strange error message when I start erminig:
from xml.dom import minidom
ImportError: No module named dom

I've installed GPE Calendar and erminig through application manager. Reinstalling didn't help. I don't want to flash this yet again to get something working.
Any ideas what could be wrong?

Have you setup a gmail account and given GPE Calendar all of your details?

I'm having the same problem. Erminig doesn't start up to be able to input my gmail account info, so the above advice doesn't help.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both. GPE itself starts up, but of course there's nothing within GPE for Google account info.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
I've both running and they work well with a Google Calendar I've used for some time. In GPE you define a calendar in Menu-> Tools. Erminig will be configured for access to Google. In erminig you will need to select the calendar and click the update icon. Update All was a little weird but I didn't need it anyway.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Right.

There's a default calendar defined in GPE calendar (aptly named 'My Calendar'). There's nothing for configuring Erminig within GPE calendar that I can find.

Erminig doesn't run. It exits with the error mentioned above, before it ever gets to a screen where one can configure anything. Thus, I'm reasonably sure that it's not a user configuration error that we're encountering.

The error message suggests that there's a problem with the Python scripting within Erminig. This could be something that's specific to someone with a brand new install of Erminig + GPE Calendar + new N810 + just flashed to the latest OS version.

This post ( http://www.raditha.com/blog/archives/001759.html ) suggests that there may be a naming issue with one of the Python files. However, I know very little about Python, other than 'white space is significant'.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
The error is due to missing the python2.5-xml package.
Something is depending on this package and it's not installed automatically. But I dunno what it's because (afaik) erminig, gdata and pysqlite aren't depending on it.
I am investigating the problem, news later

I'll eat my words because it was my fault
Gdata needs python2.5-xml to work. I am uploading a new package to the repository fixing this.

My more sincere apologies for the inconveniences.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
The new package is in Extras.
So uninstalling Erminig (if there isn't other application installed needing python-gdata (maemo-wordpy, mytube, mcalendar, mgcal), updating the application manager and reinstalling Erminig should do the trick.

My more sincere apologies for the inconveniences.[/QUOTE]

that may explain things i have been struggling since yesterday and even reflashed my device today without success well hope you get things sort out and thanks for fixing it.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Thank god the solution was that easy. Thanks!