Notices

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Pordenone
Anyone have trouble with dropbox???
i have installed on my N9 DropN9, but this app remain in off-line status; i seek on OVI store and this applicatios is disappeared!
I try with cutebox but when i login with my account error messagge told me that i need API upgrade..
I try to upload a photo from gallery with share command, i choose dropbox and starting upload but less a 5 seconds upload fail..

I noted there are some problems with Dropbox client.....
anyone can explain me the cause????

thanks and regards
PS sorry for my english

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Dropbox changed their API, Nokia didn't update their app. I'd like to know does any other app install a similar plugin as Nokia's? I used the sharing option a lot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shanttu For This Useful Post:
Dropian still works though. Not as good as being able to share directly from the gallery but better than nothing.
CuteBox shows a message from Dropbox saying "Version 0 of the Dropbox core APIs is no longer supported" and gives a URL to a page giving migration help for developers.
Filesink just sits there with a wait cursor spinning.
So there are alternatives, just not for sharing directly from the gallery.
Is this an unexpected change by Dropbox? My Linux boxes all work still with Dropbox as does my work Win7 box.

The Following User Says Thank You to kwhitefoot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Pordenone
I use Opera Browser to working with Dropbox..

anyway thanks for reply

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
My wild guess would be that the API key was revoked (as it was using N900 key and secret), or that there were ipr clain, as you are not allowed to use "Drop"-prefix in your application name anymore.

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/branding
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
My wild guess would be that the API key was revoked (as it was using N900 key and secret), or that there were ipr clain, as you are not allowed to use "Drop"-prefix in your application name anymore.

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/branding
Typical attempt to grab a perfectly ordinary dictionary word. Dropboxes existed long before this company and will long after.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by kwhitefoot View Post
So there are alternatives, just not for sharing directly from the gallery.
Is this an unexpected change by Dropbox? My Linux boxes all work still with Dropbox as does my work Win7 box.
Well, you can set up cloudsync for example to share straight from gallery.

Either so that the upsync happens immediately when a new image is stored or at defined intervals (for example, I sync lots of stuff like call logs, backups and documents every 30 minutes and new pictures immediately)

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
I don't think cloudsync will be useful to many people because it looks like it assumes you have a shell account at the other end, at least rsync has to be running there. No problem if you control your own server but not quite a replacement for Dropbox, Evernote, etc. FotoShareN9 looks promising.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by kwhitefoot View Post
I don't think cloudsync will be useful to many people because it looks like it assumes you have a shell account at the other end, at least rsync has to be running there. No problem if you control your own server but not quite a replacement for Dropbox, Evernote, etc. FotoShareN9 looks promising.
Well, the server you use does not have to be physically in your basement

The nice thing about cloudsync is that you can run the remonte end in just about anything, for example a small Amazon EC2 instance costs about $15/month, and with the "AWS Free Usage Tier" promotion you get the first year off as discount.

When you go with amazon, for example you do not need to worry about availability or backups, you can rely on fairly well administered hardware available with really speedy internet connection. It's quite simple to set up, for example, a web page that you can use as automatically updating picture album.

When you use somebody else's solutions, yo are at the mercy of the service provider. Using your own sync & publishing system you are master of your own data.

I have been using Cloudsync for some time now. So far,No problem.
But,I prefer Dropbox over others.

The Following User Says Thank You to LikeAlways For This Useful Post: