Notices

Originally Posted by Vromoth View Post
Hi BluesLee,

I love the idea behind this app, There are some bugs I noticed though. Such as when you try to rotate the screen some apps graphics mess up. And sometimes apps won't show properly in portrait. Is there a way to detect what type of app it is and lock it its orientation?

Vromoth
Hi there. Could you let me know some of the apps that mess the graphics? I'm currently aware that there are issues with some pages and rotations related to messed up page size after orientation. I have some plans on how to fix this but nothing concrete yet.

By the way, a new version (1.1.0) is currently in Nokia Store intake with the following changelog:
* Refactored architecture so that each widget is ran on it's on process
* Implemented support for WAC Webview API
* System's 'application not responding' dialog should now have correct widget name in case JavaScript is taking too long to execute
* Improved responsiveness during JavaScript-heavy operations by processing event loop
* Fixed upgrading a widget with version in format x.y to x.y.z to be considered a newer version if x, y and z are numbers
* Fixed uninstalling a widget not cleaning up any included hidden files
* Fixed links that use _blank as target
* Implemented error page for URLs that couldn't be fetched

Expect frequent updates...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
Recently HTML5 Widget Manager was updated to v1.3 (http://sviox.blogspot.ru/2012/10/project-hydra.html?m=1) and now it supports Cordova.

But how do I run Cordova apps? I know that some applications for Android, iOS and BlackBerry are using Cordova - can I run them directly? Or is there some kind of non-native platform-independent Cordova apps around?

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
Excellent!
Gmaps with street view!
I was trying to install more widgets (symbian and some opera) but didn't manage to run them.
What I should do?

Thanks

Originally Posted by matimilko View Post
Excellent!
Gmaps with street view!
I was trying to install more widgets (symbian and some opera) but didn't manage to run them.
What I should do?

Thanks
Hi. While Symbian and Opera widgets should be compatible, there can be some problems with input (some widgets presume keypad/mouse etc.) and/or other features. Could you name the widgets you were trying? I could check out if there is something I can do about it.

Btw, I discovered a weird, often used mechanism with Opera widgets. Opera actually instructs developers to use window.resizeTo() function for widgets to go to fullscreen mode and some widgets seem to require this mode before loading up due to copy paste from that instruction... Also, Opera specs seem to say for Opera widgets "fullscreen" should actually be same as W3C maximized view mode. So, I'm changing the Opera support in next version so that for Opera, widgets are always run on "fullscreen" widget mode, which seems to make a few more widgets runnable (http://widgets.opera.com/widget/17292/ is a good example of such a widget).

Also, I'm considering adding a toolbar with d-pad buttons (arrows and a selection softkey) for Symbian widgets in a later version. That should make many Symbian WRT games playable.

Originally Posted by PIDk View Post
Recently HTML5 Widget Manager was updated to v1.3 (http://sviox.blogspot.ru/2012/10/project-hydra.html?m=1) and now it supports Cordova.

But how do I run Cordova apps? I know that some applications for Android, iOS and BlackBerry are using Cordova - can I run them directly? Or is there some kind of non-native platform-independent Cordova apps around?
I've been meaning to write a blog entry about this subject, but I've been a bit busy. You can't use Android/iOS/BlackBerry apps in format they are distributed in app stores.

The support means that if you have the web app code used to create these native apps (using PhoneGap Build cloud service or packaging them manually), you can install that (.wgt file) directly to Hydra and it should be API compatible (as far as Cordova's own MeeGo API implementation goes, it's not perfect yet). So if your a developer doing Cordova apps, you can run/test and distribute them for Hydra.

sviox, can you explain how to run Cordova (PhoneGap) apps with Hydra?

Originally Posted by PIDk View Post
sviox, can you explain how to run Cordova (PhoneGap) apps with Hydra?
In fact, I thought I already did. I posted another reply but it seems to have vanished. Heck, I even posted it twice because it wasn't visible but the system said it was duplicate so I thought it would come out eventually... Anyway, here is the third try (luckily I copy pasted the reply...).

I've been meaning to write a blog entry about this subject, but I've been a bit busy. You can't use Android/iOS/BlackBerry apps in format they are distributed in app stores.

The support means that if you have the web app code used to create these native apps (using PhoneGap Build cloud service or packaging them manually), you can install that (.wgt file) directly to Hydra and it should be API compatible (as far as Cordova's own MeeGo API implementation goes, it's not perfect yet). So if your a developer doing Cordova apps, you can run/test and distribute them for Hydra.

The Following User Says Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
Hi Sviox,

Thanks for the great work in Hydra the widget runtime! Now it makes my N9 more apps to run! Cool~~~

I have a question: I am trying to run some .wgz widgets that I used to run on my Symbian phone. However, it gave me an error message saying "Failed to install <widget.wgz>" "Failed to extract the config file." Is there something I can try to get them working?

And I am looking forward to your future version that will add a d-pad for Symbian widgets as well! Thanks again!

NAHAHA

Originally Posted by nahaha View Post
Hi Sviox,

Thanks for the great work in Hydra the widget runtime! Now it makes my N9 more apps to run! Cool~~~

I have a question: I am trying to run some .wgz widgets that I used to run on my Symbian phone. However, it gave me an error message saying "Failed to install <widget.wgz>" "Failed to extract the config file." Is there something I can try to get them working?

And I am looking forward to your future version that will add a d-pad for Symbian widgets as well! Thanks again!

NAHAHA
Hi. Could you send me the widget so I can take a look? That error message is shown in case the config file in that package is not found the the expected path (or if some special Zip version/features are used to create the package). It's quite weird if it installs on Symbian as I have tested creating Symbian widgets for E51 and N97 and both of them require the info.plist file to be exactly on the right spot (that is, not in the root but one directory below). You could always try to rezip the package yourself.

I just posted a new version to the store, it should be up in a few days. It does not contain the d-pad yet but rather focuses on bug fixing and some UI tweaks. Here is the full changelog:
* Implemented file selection sheet for all browsing contexts as well as installing local widgets
* Implemented widget details page with similar appearance to installation confirmation sheet
* Implemented support for remote web applications
* Implemented support for persistent http(s) cookies
* Added Facebook shortcut widget
* Added feature demos for file upload and cookies
* Changed tapping list items to always open the details page instead of directly launching a widget
* Changed installation confirmation sheet to be also shown for widgets requesting features
* Changed installing widgets from manager UI to no longer automatically launch the widget
* Fixed installation getting stuck if lisence agreement sheet was closed from recent view
* Fixed internal features being listed on lisence agreement sheet
* Fixed widgets with additional namespaces (i.e. Tizen/Cordova) randomly failing to read config file
* Fixed update list item duplicate after installing widget with local update description
* Fixed submitting a form from internal URL into an external URL crashing the application
* Fixed links inside iframes to no longer fire view mode events in the main frame
* Fixed view mode media query usage when dynamically switching between fullscreen and maximized mode
* Fixed scroll position to always go to top when changing page

EDIT: Seems I forgot to put the Opera view-mode change to the changelog. Now all Opera widgets are run in maximized mode which is actually reported to Opera widgets as fullscreen widget mode.

Last edited by sviox; 2012-11-18 at 17:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
Hi Sviox,

I figured out why after seeing you mentioning "info.plist" - I opened the .wgz file and found that they have "Info.plist" instead of "info.plist", so as "Icon.png" instead of "icon.png". After I renamed them, it installed fine!

Thanks for your good work again!!!

Regards,
NAHAHA