Resurrecting an old thread in the hope that developers are still watching...

Over the last two months Traffic in the Drive app has been slow/intermittent to load, requiring many app re-starts, but now has completely stopped loading. I have originally installed it using N9QT (option G-2) and it has worked flawlessly for several years.

I still see the "Loading Traffic" banner at the bottom of the screen upon Drive startup but after 5-20sec it disappears and no traffic is shown.
Any advice on how to debug this? Is there a possible timeout that can be extended to acquire the information needed to display traffic?

Originally Posted by lfc22 View Post
Resurrecting an old thread in the hope that developers are still watching...

Over the last two months Traffic in the Drive app has been slow/intermittent to load, requiring many app re-starts, but now has completely stopped loading. I have originally installed it using N9QT (option G-2) and it has worked flawlessly for several years.

I still see the "Loading Traffic" banner at the bottom of the screen upon Drive startup but after 5-20sec it disappears and no traffic is shown.
Any advice on how to debug this? Is there a possible timeout that can be extended to acquire the information needed to display traffic?
bump. Anyone?

Unfortunately it looks as if switch has been thrown to disable, as was always dependent upon feedback from handsets in use. On both N9/950 and Symbian 808 PureView I still get roadwork notifications in UK, although no longer green/amber/red for traffic flows.

Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Unfortunately it looks as if switch has been thrown to disable, as was always dependent upon feedback from handsets in use. On both N9/950 and Symbian 808 PureView I still get roadwork notifications in UK, although no longer green/amber/red for traffic flows.
What sort feedback are you referring to, similar to Waze?

Did not think traffic flow had anything to do with user feedback, thought it was more likely the server access providing the info has been altered in some way.

Last edited by lfc22; 2015-10-30 at 15:48.

Originally Posted by lfc22 View Post
What sort feedback are you referring to?
Referring to this screen within "Drive":
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
where is this screen? in my N9 i didnt have it

Originally Posted by chilango View Post
where is this screen? in my N9 i didnt have it
Goto Settings - Traffic settings, and hit the check mark to disable traffic.

I doubt tho that this issue has anything to do with handset participation. Here in the US there has never been a large contingency of Nokia users, let alone N9, and traffic has worked w/o issues for several years till now

Last edited by lfc22; 2015-10-31 at 07:12.

thanks. never had disabled

Does that mean you are still able to see traffic flow info?

no. here its not working to