vi - £15.72
Darkgunman - £10
Nicolai - £8.34

Total = £34.06
Thank you all for your efforts on trying to get me a N900

Davy

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by DavyP View Post
I am using the ARM 2011.03 GNU EABI cross-compiler from CodeSourcery (which apparently changed its name to Mentor Graphics). The Lite versions of the compilers are a bit harder to find, but you can download the latest ones over here:

http://www.mentor.com/embedded-softw.../lite-edition/

You have to register first, but you can get the compilers directly from:

https://sourcery.mentor.com/sgpp/lit...al/release2029

I use these compilers directly on my linux OS so not in a scratchbox environment. See if this somehow already helps with the missing headers files.

Davy
No, I already use that one.

All I ask is that when you feel it is time to move on to greener pastures of code that you leave your program in a useable state, open enough for someone to carry on where you leave off.

Originally Posted by DavyP View Post
Strange, as I am doing the same thing whether I am in portrait or
landscape mode.

Perhaps in portrait mode, the slowdown is caused because
phoneME needs to print many more smaller (single line) strings,
whereas in landscape mode Opera Mini prints fewer but longer
strings. I am just guessing here.

Davy
Hi Davy,

I think the portrait issue may be more to do with the SGX drivers in Maemo, there is a known screen tearing issue and the default web browser also seems slower in portrait.

Didnmt realise until now

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 603 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
All I ask is that when you feel it is time to move on to greener pastures of code that you leave your program in a useable state, open enough for someone to carry on where you leave off.
My intention is to:
1) first get the build in a decent shape
2) clean up my patches
3) try to find a way to automate the build process as much as possible with a shell script
4) put all that info, including Maemo specific sources and patches on my website.
5) let the community have a go at compiling it themselves

And rest assured, it is quite likely that phoneME will be on my website for quite a while

Cheers,
Davy

The Following User Says Thank You to DavyP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 603 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
No, I already use that one.
Mmmm, odd. If I have time I will have a go at building everything on a clean machine and write down all the steps I took.

Davy

The Following User Says Thank You to DavyP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Genova (Italy)
vi - £15.72
Darkgunman - £10
Nicolai - £8.34

Total = £34.06
Add 10€ from me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaddogG For This Useful Post:
Just out of curiosity, in the next release is it possible to change the name of the CVM window to that of the name of the Midlet once launched, as listed in the manifest or jad file?

vi - £15.72
Darkgunman - £10
Nicolai - £8.34
MaddogG - £8.34

Total = £42.40

Achievement, developer phone for DavyP:
achievement 61% unlocked

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Smyrna, Atlanta / Bangalore, India
Ok, I have found a guy who will sell me his old n900 for £69. It is a bit of a beater with a scratched screen in poor cosmetic condition but apparently it all works fine. This means we are %49 of the way to buying it.

If you feel you will benefit from using this piece of software AT ALL now or in the future I ask you to donate some $$$ for the cause. It does not matter how little just donate something, or I will toe your balls the next time you come with a rétarded feature request.
£69 looks very cheap.we need to get one for Davy ASAP. how can we donate..any paypal ID ??